Tips to help staff work from home effectively
There may come a time when asking staff to work from home is the safest course of action. Staying productive and connected while working from home can be a challenge for some.
Here are some tips to make sure you remain productive and maintain a sense of connectedness while working from home.
- Keep the same routine and hours you would if you were at the office;
- Set up your office and remember your ergonomics;
- Maintain your regular work routine;
- Get up at the same time;
- Dress for work as you would normally – it helps make things feel ‘normal’;
- Minimise your disruptions the best you can. If possible, choose a separate room as your dedicated workspace.
- Log in and be ready to start work at your usual times;
- Go through your work priorities & check your calendar at the start of the day;
- Work with your manager to develop a work plan to help you stay focused;
- Attend all team and work meetings virtually;
- Stay in touch with your team and work Colleagues;
- Establish a morning and/or afternoon group meeting to help stay focused and connected;
- If you are going to be temporarily unavailable during work hours, let your manager know;
- Take part in any virtual social activities that might be scheduled;
- Stay connected. Let your colleagues know how you are going.