Jobseeker Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
Effective from 11 February 2021
www.sptojobslink.com (the “Site”) is owned and operated by the South Pacific Tourism Organization and is made available to you on the following terms and conditions. By using the site and the services available on it you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions which expressly apply to services and information provided by third parties.
Who we are and how to contact us?
The Site is operated by Pacific Tourism Organization (“We”, “Our” or “Us”). We are registered in 1990 under company Tin number 60-00785-0-2 and have Our registered office at Level 3, FNPF Plac 343-359 Victoria Parade Suva, Fiji. To contact us, please fill out our Contact us form or telephone our customer service line on Telephone: (679) 330 4177 or Fax us on (679) 330 1995.
Use of the site
The information and services available on the site are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities and career information and for employers seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. You may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the site and if you do or if you perform any other unauthorised processing of information on the site it shall be deemed a material breach of these terms and conditions which, in the case of a Customer, shall entitle us to terminate the Services immediately on notice in writing.
We expect basic courtesy from all Jobseekers whilst using our Site and/or Services. By accessing the Site and/or using the Services, you agree that you will not upload, post or transmit through the Site, anything that:
- violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others;
- you know to be false, misleading or inaccurate;
- contains blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, racially or ethnically offensive content, hate speech, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity;
- contains or advocates pornography or sexually explicit content, paedophilia, incest, bestiality, or that is otherwise obscene or lewd;
- violates any law or advocates or provides instruction on dangerous, illegal, or predatory acts, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- advocates violent behaviour; or
- poses, in our sole opinion, a threat to personal or public safety.
Further, we reserve the right to suspend provision of the Services to you in circumstances where we reasonably believe that you have performed any unauthorised processing of information. In respect of any personal data accessed or otherwise processed by a Customer as a result of access to the site or the Services, the Customer agrees that it shall be the sole data controller of such personal data for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and, as such, shall be solely responsible for its processing.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and the material available on the site belong to us or its third party suppliers. Use of the site does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
What’s in these terms?
By using the Site you accept these terms
By using the Site, you confirm that you accept these Jobseeker Terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Jobseeker Terms, you must not use the Site. We recommend that you print a copy of these Jobseeker Terms for future reference.
Object of the agreement and scope of the Services
We offer a variety of career services via the Platforms. If your life perspective changes, you are developing or reaching for new goals, we offer the right career support. We aim to build a long-lasting relationship, to build a product and a Service, that is available, and which enables you to take your life and future in your own hands.
- Services available without registration
Without the registration of a “Jobs by email” or an account you may use all Services that are available on our website without registration. Particularly you can browse jobs that are published on our website.
- Your Account
Certain Services will only be available as part of an account on the Site. If you enter into an agreement for an account, you can use additional Services as described hereinafter. You can register for an account as described in section 3.
- Saved Jobs
You can save job ads that you have viewed, e.g. by clicking the respective button in the job ad. You will then be able to access such saved listings in your account. We’ll send you a reminder about your saved jobs, so you don’t forget to apply. If you don’t want these reminders, you can switch them off in your profile see section c.dd.
You can create a CV-profile (“Profile”) within your account, which will consist of various CV related pieces of information as well as attachments provided by you. It will also keep a record of your activity on our Platforms. You have a number of options when deciding how much of this information recruiters can see. The default when you sign up is for recruiters to be able to see your profile. This includes your CV and your “Last Active” date (see below for more information on this). You can change the visibility of your profile at any time.
We will also share your application history (jobs you have applied for and when you applied for them) unless you tell us not to. You can change this at any time.
You can use your Profile to apply to job offers that are published on the websites or apps. The respective recruiting company will then have access to your Profile even if it is not generally available and will be able to see the data you provided. However, they will not be able to see your application history if you have chosen not to share this. To provide you with the specific Services under the Profile, we will store the date of your last activity on our Platforms (“Last Active” date), which will be the date you most recently updated your profile or CV or the date you last applied for jobs using the Services.
As part of an active and public Profile we may also provide a link to a profile about you on a publicly available business-related social media website we have found about you to CV Database search users. Such access to CV Database can also be provided through browser plugins or other software that we or our group companies offer and which will allow our customers to access your CV if they visit certain social media websites.
If you choose to create a Profile with us, then we will keep your CV on file until you ask us to delete your account from our Database.
We do not warrant or guarantee a minimum volume of storage capacity for your Profile. We reserve the right to temporarily or permanently restrict the data volume for uploads of data, especially if necessary due to technical reasons, for example in order to maintain or optimise the Service.
Within your account we store your applications to job listings that were published on the Platforms for two months in a history that can be accessed via your account. Additional functions for Job alerts. In your Account you can manage the “Jobs by email” settings, i.e. the criteria used to match your job alerts. We also send “Instant job match” job alerts based on your search behaviour and your job inventory changing. You can at any time deactivate “Jobs by email” or “Instant job match” or “Jobs by text”.
In the event of the death of user, a person authorised to act on behalf of the estate, or a verified immediate family member of the deceased can request to have the deceased user’s account removed. We will require additional documentation for this request in order to avoid unauthorised and false reports. Be assured that the requested information will remain confidential and will be deleted once we have reviewed it.
There are other terms that may apply to you:
This Acceptable Use Policy refers to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of the Site:
Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003. Jobseekers and recruiters need to be aware that this job board operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply jobseekers to recruiters (or vice versa). This means that we do not:
- obtain sufficient information for potential recruiters to select a suitable jobseeker for the position which the recruiter seeks to fill;
- obtain confirmation of the identity of a jobseeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure the jobseeker and recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the jobseeker to fulfil the position to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the jobseeker or the recruiter for the jobseeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled;
- give any indication to recruiters whether jobseekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
- propose jobseekers to recruiters or provide any information about them.
- take up any references in relation to a jobseeker; or,
- make any arrangements for accommodation of jobseekers.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 (the “Regulations”) seek to ensure that jobseekers are only proposed by employment agencies for roles for which they are properly qualified and that recruiters are only offered jobseekers who have the appropriate levels of experience, training, qualifications and authorisation for the position to be filled. Since we are only a venue and do not propose or introduce jobseekers to recruiters or vice versa, it is recommended that, if you are a jobseeker you undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a recruiter, to ensure a jobseeker’s suitability for the role.
These could include:
- If you are a jobseeker; checking the identity of the recruiter and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorisation which the recruiter considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by you as a jobseeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you to satisfy before taking up a position.
- If you are a recruiter; checking the identity of the jobseeker and that the jobseeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the recruiter, to meet to enable a jobseeker to take up a position.
- In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where jobseekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorisation, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the jobseeker and undertake a criminal records bureau check of the jobseeker.
Any searching or screening tools provided by us for use in your assessment of the suitability or otherwise of any particular candidate or advertised vacancy are to assist you in taking these steps, but are not intended as a substitute.
We may make changes to the terms of these terms. We amend these Jobseeker Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the Site, please check these Jobseeker Terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
Please view the “Effective from” date at the top of these terms to see when it was last revised.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
These Jobseeker Terms, their subject matter and its formation are governed by Fijian law. You and We both agree that the courts of Fiji will have exclusive jurisdiction.