Writing the Perfect CV
So you’re looking for a job! So many opportunities come your way!! You send your CV and you wait for the call.But the call never comes. Sounds familiar? Yes, we’ve all been there. Learn how to write the perfect CV to increase your chances of getting that job
1)Get the Basics Right
Include personal and contact information; education and qualifications; work history and experience, skills relevant to the job you applied for, achievements, hobbies and references.
2)The Key to a Perfect CV is presentation
- Carefully and clearly present your CV
- Print it on a clean paper
- Use an envelope to post your CV
3)Do not Use more than two pages
- Keep things short and interesting
4)Understand the Job Description
- Read the details of the job
- Take notes and make points of the skills you have relevant to the job and the ones you don’t
- Tailor the CV for the Job Role
- Create a CV specifically for the role
- Do not make a GENERAL CV for every job
- Mention key skills that can help you stand out from other applicants
- For example; communication skills, computer skills, team work, etc
- Include reference from someone who has employed you in the past and can vouch for your experience. If you’ve never worked before, the you can use a teacher or tutor. Try to include a maximum of three referees.
KEEP YOUR CV UPDATED!!