Airways Group (Airways Hotel & Residences) is the leading accommodation provider in Papua New Guinea for short stays and long-term residents. Welcoming people from around the world and across the many corners of Papua New Guinea, Airways Hotel & Residences is where our guests and our staffs experience the best of Papua New Guinea.
As our team continues to grow, Airways Group is looking for the best of Papua New Guinea to join us in the following positions:
Maintenance/ Services Department – Airways Hotel
Reporting to the Maintenance and Engineering Manager and will assist in overseeing the process and procedures in the Generally Accepted Maintenance Principles.
- 1x Foreman
- 2x Carpenter
- 2x Joiner
- 2x Painter
- 1x Electrician
- 4x AC Technicians
- 1x Plumber
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
Qualification & Experience Required:
- Diploma or Certificate in Trade qualification
- Trade background – preferably for the mentioned positions
- Relevant qualifications in the maintenance field
- Welding experience and qualifications.
- Understand relevant engineering standards and associated procedures
- At least 3-5 years’ experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively manage time
- A continuous improvement approach to all tasks.
- Developing initiative and problem-solving skills
- Fully COVID-19 vaccination
Applications can be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to: Airways Hotel & Residences office at Jacksons Parade in 7 Mile, along with Cover letter, Updated CV with current passport size photo and names of 3 active referees. Applications should be addressed to:
Human Resources Recruiting Team
Airways Hotel Limited
P.O Box 1942, Boroko,
Port Moresby, NCD
Applications close on COB Friday, 27th January 2022.
Position is POM based. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Related Jobs (25)
Head painter| Demi Chef |Spa Therapist |Staff Accomodation Attendant on February 2, 2023 Full Time