Ramada By Wyndham Port Vila (RBWPV) is seeking suitable candidates to appoint for the following position.
The main purpose of these positions is to assist the Executive Chef for planning, organizing, and managing food preparations.
1. Demi chef
Reporting to the Sous Chef, assisting with preparation of different foods, from meats and sauces to vegetables and desserts. He/she also helps with the presentation and cooking, keeps the station up to federal, state and local health and safety standards, and sees that meals are prepared properly and in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Have a least 2years or more experience in a similar role.
- Establishing and maintaining effective employee working relationships.
- Must have solid experience with very busy breakfast, lunches & dinners.
- Assisting in menu planning, special event planning and execution.
- Maintaining the kitchen in proper working order.
- Knowledge of customer dietary requirements such as food allergies, intolerances, and so forth.
- Must have great availability and be available on weekends and weekdays.
- Be able to train all kitchen colleagues on menu execution, techniques and food safety standards, hygiene, cleanliness and other compliance requirements of the kitchens area.
- Ability to minimise wastage and have control of the stock.
- Managing all aspects of the kitchen in the Executive Chefs absence.
- A high standard of spoken and written English.
- Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent culinary catering talent
2. Commis Chef
Reporting to Chef de partie to prepare meal ingredients for the chef de partie and assist with various kitchen duties. The commis chef’s responsibilities include informing the supervisor of malfunctioning or broken kitchen equipment, unpacking and organizing deliveries, and mopping up kitchen spills to prevent accidents and injuries. You should also ensure that all food items are properly stored to prevent spoilage.
To be successful as a commis chef, you should demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ensure that all duties are completed in a timely manner. Ultimately, an outstanding commis chef should be able to follow all instructions and comply with food health and safety regulations.
Commis Chef Responsibilities:
- Accurately measuring meal ingredients for the Chef de Partie.
- Preparing meal ingredients, which includes seasoning of different meats as well as washing, peeling, and chopping vegetables and fruits.
- Preparing basic salads and sauces as directed by the Chef de Partie.
- Receiving deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
- Taking inventory of restaurant supplies and notifying the supervisor of low or depleted supplies.
- Discarding all expired and spoiled food items stored in the stock rooms, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Performing basic cleaning duties and ensuring that workstations are properly sanitized.
- Plating and presenting meal items as per the Chef de Partie’s instructions
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with speed and quality.
- Great personal hygiene and grooming standards.
- Should be able to communicate, read and write clearly and effectively.
How to Apply
If you have the skills and desire to join our team, please send your resume with a cover letter and Contact details of (3) three recent referees to [email protected]
Applications will close 15th April 2023
Related Jobs (19)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time