Credit Corporation (PNG) Limited urgently seeks an experienced person to fill in the role of Manager Recoveries.
Manager Recoveries is responsible in assisting the Head of AMU to oversee the recovery process across the team by focusing directly on the management of complex recovery accounts, whilst providing leadership, guidance and support to Recovery Officers and Senior Recovery Officers to effectively manage all loan accounts in arrears greater than 45 days.
This role reports directly to the Head of Asset Management Unit, based in Port Moresby.
Outline of duties:
- Monitor and assume the day-to-day leadership of the more complex SME and Large Commercial loan accounts, as allocated by Head of AMU, in arrears greater than 45 days.
- Take on the role of Acting Head of AMU and support the Group CRO, as required, in the absence of the Head of AMU.
- Assisting the Head of AMU in providing monthly reports and careful analysis of key portfolio trends for the entire AMU portfolio to senior management
- Key AMU contact for Liaising with Legal and issuing instructions for conveyancing or for accounts in need of legal remedy.
- Successfully rehabilitate all loan accounts allocated back into order by pro-actively contacting the customer forthwith and certainly before the loan account extends beyond 60 days in arrears.
- Commence formal recovery action on all loan accounts remaining in arrears greater than 60 days before the 90 days in arrears is achieved on the loan accounts.
- Manage customer complaints and queries in a timely manner.
- Gather and review information to help formulate a long-term solution to non-performing loan situations by detecting, recommending and implementing plans for corrective actions.
- Assist in identifying improvement areas and developing guidelines for process improvement.
- Undertaking recovery proceedings and liaising with recovery agencies on aged loans
- Provide on-the-job training, coaching and support to fellow team members with their day-to-day management of allocated accounts.
- Ensure account status and database (registers for collections / recoveries) are up to date daily in the AMU shared folders and the main financial system (FinConnect).
- Ensure the collections and recovery procedures are adhered to as well as all other policies and procedures (regulatory, statutory, internal).
- Assessing and recommending write offs and provisions for losses.
- Overseeing and recording of defaults and updates on Credit & Data Bureau (CDB).
Requirements for the role:
- Diploma in any business-related discipline; a relevant degree would be highly regarded
- At least 10 years or more experience in a financial institution with at least 5+ years in collections / recovery roles
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) / interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally strong negotiation skills
- Dedicated to recovering debt that is rightfully owed
- Responsible and understands credit collections guidelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, database, accounting software
If you think you have what it takes to be in this role, we would like to hear from you.
All applications must provide the following:
- A cover letter
- A current CV with names of three (3) contactable referees
- Copy of your Vaccination Certificate (Green Card)
Applications must be addressed to:
The Head of People & Culture
Credit Corporation (PNG) Limited
P O Box 1787
Port Moresby, 121
National Capital District
Applications close on Thursday, 23rd February 2023 at 5pm.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hand delivered to Ground Floor, Credit House, Cuthbertson Street, Port Moresby, National Capital District or emailed to [email protected].
Related Jobs (6)
CEO for 3 beach resorts in the Cook Islands South Pacific on November 21, 2023 Full Time