The Underwriter is responsible for assessing all life applications for the Fiji & PNG Life and heath
businesses of BSP Life and to ensure that the premiums charged commensurate with the risk.
To assess reinstatement applications for new business, change cover, reinstatement of lapsed
policies within the agreed turnaround time of one day.
To effectively facilitate all processes within the Underwriting Department and to ensure sound
knowledge of business rules and strict adherence to processes.
- Responsible for assessing and acceptance of Fiji & PNG Life & Health insurance applications and
updating decisions accurately in the system within TAT allocated for the process—day. All risk
acceptance is to be within the DLA.
- Update assessment details (Underwriting decision) of all proposals into BLIS and request further information from the client through the sales agent (raise a query) if necessary.
- Assess and make decisions on all policy reinstatement applications for lapsed policies submitted through the Customer Experience Management department and Conservation Team.
- Accept and issue life insurance policies within DLA, ensure proper documentation is received and uploaded on BLIS and correct premium is receipted before a policy is issued.
- Respond to queries from stakeholders.
- Maintain good work relationship with all providers including the Chief Medical Officer
- Liaise with the Reinsurer from time to time regarding risk assessment or training purposes.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- A Diploma in Financial Services-Life Insurance (ANZIIF), Nursing or Business Studies or Form 7
- At least 5 years’ experience in a medical or insurance risk business.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Sound understanding of the Insurance Industry, Insurance principles, Policies & Procedures and
Business Rules as well as compliance and legislation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
The successful candidate should meet COVID-19 vaccination requirements. Please call the HR services team via telephone number 331 7000 if you have any questions.
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high calibre candidate.
Interested candidates can apply for the vacancy here