Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
This position will be based at the Central Distribution site in Karsanji Street, Vatuwaqa and will be reporting to the Transport Manager.
The nature of the role includes:
- Ensuring optimum asset utilization and fuel consumption to ensure low-cost operation.
- Leading and coaching the team to build driver capability and ensure a high level of competence to maximize productivity.
- Efficiently planning routes including route assessments, delivery bundling and managing truck schedules.
- Trip performance assessments including ATP and evaluation of driver and team leader performance.
- Conducting delivery point assessments.
- HR, Payroll, and other related administrative tasks.
- Ensuring the delivery of all products in full on time (DIFOT) and according to schedule.
- Compliance with all company policies and legislative regulations.
- Driving a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Making recommendations on improved processes, productivity, efficiency, and cost reduction initiatives.
Key skills and attributes required:
- Tertiary qualification in Finance or Automotive Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in FMCG in supply chain, logistics or planning in a leadership role or similar.
- Advanced industry knowledge with good understanding of current transport legislative requirements.
- Understanding of or experience in large retail chains.
- Demonstrate influencing capability across a multi-site and multi-functional business.
- Strong planning and execution skills.
If this position appeal to you then send through your cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, three referees – with one being the immediate or most recent supervisor/manager and vaccination card to [email protected] with the email subject as the “Position Title”. Kindly note only email applications will be accepted.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday 3rd February 2023.
Only candidates with the experience and qualifications listed need apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly for an interview.