Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position within the University.
TRANSPORT SUPERVISOR – (TS0-203)
Reporting to the Stores & Transport Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and executing transport operation plans with the day-to-day movement in accordance with university’s transport movement rules.
- Collaborate and liaise with Stores & Transport Manager to plan drivers’ duty rosters and ensure drivers are carrying out their respective tasks accordingly.
- Ensure pass outs are correctly and timely filled and signed by HOD or designated authority accordingly.
- Ensure drivers are given clear instructions on their daily task per transport movement requisitions, rules and procedures.
- Liaise with the Chief Mechanic to coordinate with mechanics/drivers to ensure daily pre-start checks are done before igniting sources are being applied.
- To coordinate and monitor movement of transport to make sure drivers accomplish their respective task assigned accordingly.
- Ensure vehicles are well coordinated and managed so departments and Administration transport support are efficiently attended to.
- Manage and monitor drivers’ and fleet movement to minimize misuse/abuse of fleets and accessories.
- Liaise with Stores and Transport Manager to develop duty rosters on; Academic Departments Students’ Field Trips, Airport & VIP runs, Weekend duties, Scheduled runs (Library Night Shift), Administrative runs.
- Liaise with storeman to coordinate scheduled spare parts stocktake and inventory and reporting to Stores and Transport Manager or HOD.
- Supervise Fuel Bowser attendant to ensure refuelling is made according to schedule and fuel receipts are forwarded to the administrative clerk for recording and eventual replenish order.
- Prepare incident/accident reports within 24 hours and submit them to Stores and Transport Manager.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the Stores and Transport Manager.
Qualification & Experience
The successful candidate should possess a relevant degree with 5 or more years’ relevant work experiences and be able to lead and supervise a team and be firm in decision making in upholding rules and regulations, must have excellent oral and written communication skills, be proactive and able to take initiative.
S/he must be mature, able to meet deadlines and work under pressure, be flexible and have an adaptable approach to problems, trustworthy and responsible. The successful candidate must possess a class 6, 4 or 7 PNG driving license and passed Defensive Driving Competency Test.
Administrative Officer I/II K28,425 – K39,953 per annum
(Level of appointment depends upon qualification and experience)
Detailed application with updated curriculum vitae including certified copies of qualifications, names and addresses preferably email addresses and phone numbers of three (3) current referees including one from past/present employer, should be sent to:
The Executive Director – Human Resources
PNG University of Technology
Private Mail Bag
Applicants are encouraged to email all applications in one pdf file to [email protected] with an indication of their earliest availability to take up the appointment.
- Deadline for all applications is on Friday 15th December 2023 at 4:06pm
- ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONTACTED.