Hastings Deering (PNG) Limited is one of the largest Caterpillar dealer networks in the world. We sell, service and support the complete range of Caterpillar machinery used in the mining, construction, agricultural, materials handling and government sectors. Over the last 70 years, we have built a reputation for hiring and developing the industry’s best and delivering an exemplary level of service to our customers and colleagues.
About the Role:
We currently have an opportunity for a Training Lead to join our Learning team based in Port Moresby. This role primarily exists to provide professional team supervision and leadership, ensuring implementation of training quality and oversee the skillset required of new Technical Trainers.
Reporting to the Learning Manager, your competency and experience will include:
- Ensure safety goals are achieved through personal commitment, no harm to self or others and participation in safety initiatives.
- Display fairness, exhibit trust and create real teamwork and sharing.
- Work collaboratively with Capability team and stakeholders to coordinate the preparation, delivery and recording of all training and learning requirements including strategic organizational initiatives.
- Support where required all on-site and external inductions (including safety); insuring compliance to regulatory and safety processes e.g., SIS, ET, Take 5, Timecards, Service Report Writing, ensure all training and induction records maintained following the learning governance process.
- Work closely to facilitate the Competency Assessment Process ensuring that the process is followed and understood by all stakeholders.
- Ensure all administration related to training is completed accurately and efficiently including planning, facilitating, and attending meetings, booking travel and accommodation if and where required for training, supporting People function strategic initiatives.
- Facilitate and manage the Apprentice/work experience and traineeship framework including supporting Business Centre leaders with apprentice/trainee/work experience related work.
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
- Trade Certificate (HEF)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role providing workplace training coordinator (including Apprentice and Competency development).
- Proven experience in effectively planning and prioritizing tasks to achieve outcomes within specified timeframes.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
To express interest for this challenging and rewarding role, submit your application including current updated CV, copies of certificates, references, police clearance and apply via Workday Career page.
To Apply: Click on the “Apply” button.
Enquiries: Please call our HR Team on (675) 300 8300
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close Friday 08th December 2023