About Australia Pacific Training Coalition
The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is a centre for training excellence providing Australian standard training qualifications and skills across the Pacific region. As Australia’s flagship Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) investment in the Pacific, APTC works collaboratively with TVET stakeholders to achieve training delivery outcomes and reforms to Pacific TVET systems. By joining APTC, you will have the opportunity to contribute towards a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce for the region. The APTC has country offices in Fiji, Vanuatu, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste. The Regional Head Office is located in Suva, Fiji.
The APTC is implemented by TAFE Queensland (RTO 0275) on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
The Trainer has key responsibility for assessing students’ knowledge and skills against the competencies of the relevant Australian training package qualifications or skill sets, developing training plans and delivering and assessing training in flexible, on-the-job and off-the-job situations.
Trainers will need to be able to unpack the relevant industry and/or national training package, and develop and customise training resources electronically to support TVET capability development in the Pacific region. They will be expected to be the public face of the APTC both with industry representatives and with students.
Under the direction of the Vocational Training Manager, the trainer will coach and mentor National Vocational Tutors and collaborate with TVET trainer colleagues locally to meet training and delivery requirements that comply with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and other National TVET Regulators as required. Trainers will be required to deliver in digital format through remote, flipped classroom and face to face models.
Trainers need to be self-directed, and able to work in remote and often difficult locations away from family networks. Hours required to achieve contracted objectives may exceed standard hours of work.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- TAE40110/TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment including the LLN unit (TAELLN411), assessment unit (TAEASS502) and Diploma of Vocational Education and Training.
- Minimum 5 years combined training, assessment and industry currency directly relevant to the training and assessment being delivered, including any relevant license requirements.
- Current knowledge of Australian Standards for Registered Training Organizations and experience of a wide range of flexible and effective learning methodologies and ability to implement these in a cultural and gender sensitive manner to adult learners and experience in vocational training, learning and assessment.
- Demonstrated skills in mentoring and/or coaching others, preferably in a culturally diverse context.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, report writing and file management skills including the ability to relate effectively, collaboratively and ethically to staff, students and other stakeholders (including the ability to liaise with industry and partner institutions).
- Demonstrated strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word and PowerPoint and the ability to work both independently and as part of a small and dedicated team across multiple sites.
For more information about this role, please review the Role Description.
Renumeration: ARF B2
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please ensure you:
- Address all the Key Selection Criteria questions available in the online application form.
- Upload your updated resume which includes contact details for two (2) professional referees.
To start an application, click on the ‘apply’ button below:
All applications must be submitted online, please do not email applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Previous Applicants need not apply.
For any enquiries relating to the role, please contact Lina.Visinia-Iamafana (Vocational Training Manager Samoa) on
Applications close 9:59pm Samoa Time, Wednesday 15 February 2023
APTC is an equal opportunity employer; fostering a fair, safe and socially inclusive environment, embracing all forms of diversity.
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnical background, including persons living with disabilities to apply.
Related Jobs (22)
Casual Events Crew on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Consultant on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Chef de Partie/Line Cook on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Consultant on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Housekeeping Supervisor | Houseman on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Agent on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Recruitment – Likuliku Lagoon resort on March 29, 2023 Full Time