Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Office of Commerce, Investment & Tourism
Assist Tourism Manager and Public Relation Officer at Tourism Unit on a daily working day
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Tourism Manager and Marketing & Public Relation Officer at Tourism Unit on a daily work basis
- Establishing, maintaining and updating of information and information databases (such as marketing and promotional photos and video, brochures and websites, creating marketing videos of atolls/islands and activities online, attend OCIT activities for vid eo or photo recording)
- Managing the overall organization of information (compiling & distributing), PROMOITONAL MATERIALS: brochures, magazines and other periodicals, publications, books, reports and other documents including both government and nongovernment materials of RMI people and service
- Liaise and engage strongly with business sector and other nongovernment activities for promotional activities as directed by Tourism Unit.
- Collection, compilation, production and distribution of standard periodic (quarterly & annual) visitor arrival statistics tables; strong partnership with Immigration office for seeking data on quarterly basis.
- Assist in liaising with and coordination and facilitation of tourism initiatives and services with both internal and external persons and entities
- Partake and represent Tourism initiatives; as instructed by Tourism UNIT.
- Provide quality advice to Manager of Tourism Unit and Management Team and colleagues on the needs and requirements of information (DATA BASE) and public relations.
- Perform related work as assigned
Personal Specifications Education
- Degree in Tourism studies, Communication, Marketing, Business Administration or related fields
- BA Degree Preferred
Knowledge and Experience
- Public Relations or Marketing or related field and/or equivalent work experience is essential
- Good Communication skills: Writing and Speaking in both Marshallese and English
- Excellent writing and Reporting skills
- Utilizes smart work practices
Excellent Presentation skills
- At least 3-5 years of office experience or equivalent
- High level of initiative with the ability to think laterally and identify innovative solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: The ability to come up with measures to maximize marketing and public relations skills.
- Able to work overtime and on weekends
All interested individuals are invited to submit:
(a) Cover Letter
(b) Copy of resume
(c) Two reference letters
(d) Police Clearance
via the following means:
- Drop off at OCIT’s Office located on these second floor of the Ministry of Natural Resources & Commerce
- ATTN: CEO Francis Carlos Domnick, or Tourism Manager Brenda Alik
- Email submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org & cc: email@example.com
For more information, we can bereached at 625-4624.