THE PAPUA NEW GUINEA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position within the University.
ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH AND MANAGEMENT CENTER
The Environmental Research and Management Centre (ERMC) was established in 1993 at the PNG University of Technology (PNGUoT) with the mandate to conduct research in environmental and allied sciences focusing on the natural and the built environments, climate, biodiversity conservation and management, and natural product development. In addition, manage the research of staff and students in these areas and create awareness through coordinated publication and outreach activities.
TERRESTRIAL AND MARINE BIOLOGIST
Reporting to the Director of ERMC – the Terrestrial & Marine Biologist will be responsible for conducting and managing research activities and/or programs related to conducting species inventories, monitoring and testing terrestrial and marine life exposed to natural and anthropogenic calamities, collecting samples and data using coring techniques, GIS, visual recording and sampling, and analyzing and reporting.
- Seek research and developmental funds by developing grant proposals.
- Develop research projects and engage staff and student research.
- Mentor students in proposal development and research.
- Write syllabi and modules for courses.
- Help identify and acquire specialist equipment to promote R & D.
- Provide technical expertise and skills in areas within and in outreach activities.
- Promote all R&D through publication, conferences, workshops, field days, seminars, and all other means of publicity.
- Carry out other responsibilities to serve the vision and mission of PNGUoT and ERMC as the need arises.
Qualification & Experience
- A master’s degree in life (biological) sciences from a reputable university with a solid undergraduate background in biology.
- Not more than 35 years.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in any of the following broad areas: ecology, evolution, wildlife, botany, zoology, biodiversity and physiology.
- Strong background in developing grant proposals, doing research, publication in reputable journals, supervising students, and multicultural exposure and ability to work with different ethnicities.
Scientific Officer I/II/III/IV/V K25,805 – K63,528 per annum
Domestic Market Allowance K1,200 – K9,000 per annum
(Level of appointment depends upon qualification and experience)
A detailed application with updated curriculum vitae including certified copies of qualifications, names and email addresses, phone numbers of three (3) current referees including one from past/present employer should be sent to:
The Director – Human Resources
PNG University of Technology
Private Mail Bag
Papua New Guinea
Applications must be compiled and sent as one PDF file to [email protected] with an indication of their earliest availability to take up the appointment.
- Deadline for all applications is 30th of September, 2023.
- Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
- PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT RE-APPLY
Related Jobs (9)
LECTURER IN ELECTRICAL & COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING on September 20, 2023 Full Time