The Pacific Tourism Organization (SPTO) is the mandated organization representing Tourism in the region. It has 21 Government Members and about 145 Private Sector Members. SPTO’s mission is to ensure “Sustainable tourism development through innovative partnerships” whilst its vision is for the Pacific islands’ to be empowered by and benefitting from sustainable tourism.
Due to recent confirmation from NZMFAT of external funding for a 4 year project, from 2021 –2025, SPTO requires the services of a specialized and experienced Human Resources (HR) consultant or organization.
The overall objective of this assignment is to engage a consultant to undertake full end to end recruitment, refine existing job descriptions, develop new job descriptions and undertake job sizing.
Scope of Work:
At a minimum, the Consultant is required to carry out the following:
- Recruitment of new staff: Including development of job descriptions, job sizing, advertising of positions, receive and screen all applications, develop a shortlist, organize and conduct interviews, conduct reference checks, compile a thorough interview report, send out regret letters. The following positions will need to be recruited
- Manager Research & Statistics
- Assistant Programme Analyst
- Content Writer
- Marketing Officer
- Project Coordinator
- MEL & Compliance Officer
- Regional Advocacy & Communications Officer
- Finance & Procurement Officer
- Refine existing job descriptions: As a result of a revision of the SPTO organisation structure, the existing job descriptions for the following positions may need to be refined or developed to reflect new and/or altered responsibilities:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Manager Marketing
- Manager Sustainable Tourism
- Manager Finance and Operations
- Manager Executive and Special Projects
- Development of new job descriptions and job sizing: As a result of the revised organisation structure, some staff members will be taking on new, full time, roles. As such, job descriptions and job sizing will need to be completed for these positions:
- Personal Assistant to the CEO
- Programme Support Assistant – Sustainable Tourism
The following should be noted:
- The successful candidates must be Fiji citizens or have the right to work in Fiji
- All positions, except the Manager Research & Statistics, will be advertised locally. The Manager Research & Statistics position will be advertised regionally; in all of SPTO’s member countries
- The Interview Panel for the various positions will be decided in consultation with SPTO, in alignment with the SPTO Constitution and SPTO HR Policy
- All processes noted above should be carried out in close consultation with SPTO.
- The interview committee panel shall make a recommendation on the most suitable candidates for the positions to the SPTO CEO, who will make the final decision and appointments.
Consultancy Work and Reporting Arrangements
- The Consultant shall work in close collaboration with SPTO. The focal person during the consultation period shall be the Executive & Communications Adviser, Ms. Tahitia Waqavonovono
Work Schedule & Budget
- All EOIs submitted for this assignment should include a detailed work schedule and itemized costing for the scope of work and deliverables. Costs must be broken down into professional hourly fees and other out of pocket expenses inclusive of tax
- The key milestones and indicative timelines shall be discussed and agreed with the successful consultant and SPTO prior to the commencement of this assignment
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The selected agency will have the relevant Human Resource Management qualifications and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in conducting Human Recruitment services in Fiji and the Pacific. Experience working with CROP agencies or other regional organisations would be an added advantage.
- EOIs must include at least two professional references relevant to this assignment, including the most recent work completed
- The selection criteria for this work is as follows:
- Technical proposal: 60%
- Financial proposal: 40%
- A proposal titled “EOI SPTO Recruitment and Role Revisions”, should be submitted by 4pm, Tuesday 16th November, 2021. This should be submitted to email@example.com
- All interested applicants must be registered as Consultants on the SPTO Jobs Link website, in order to be considered for this assignment. You need to sign in and click here to view the TOR.
For further information, please contact Ms. Tahitia Waqavonovono: firstname.lastname@example.org