The Pacific Tourism Organization (SPTO) is the mandated organization representing Tourism in the region. It has 21 Government Members and about 100 Private Sector Members. SPTO’s mission is to ensure “Sustainable tourism development through innovative partnerships” whilst our vision is, “Our Pacific Islands’ empowered and benefitting from sustainable tourism”.
SPTO would like to call for expressions of interest (EOI) from qualified and experienced consultants to further review its Human Resources Policy and Procedures Manual (HR Manual).
Purpose and Scope of Service:
The objective of this assignment is to engage a consultant to review and provide recommendations on the following:
- The HR Manual was last reviewed in early 2020 but in light of the complexities presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, further consideration must be provided for serious or long term illnesses and sick leave provisions governing these instances
- Provisions for expatriate staff that may need to be evacuated on safety grounds, due to emergencies in the host country. Clarity is required on the leave provisions and other entitlements and support that would apply in these instances.
Description of Service:
At a minimum, the Consultant is expected to review the relevant sections of the HR Manual and provide recommendations which account for or incorporate the following considerations:
- Thorough review of the existing “Leave and Entitlements” section of SPTO’s HR Manual
- Recommendations for sick leave provisions, taking into account COVID 19 pandemic and serious or long – term illnesses
- Recommendations on entitlements and support for expatriate staff affected by pandemics, natural disasters, political disturbances and other emergencies that require evacuation out of the host country.
- Conduct an analysis of the Leave and Entitlements policies of other Council of Regional Organisation in the Pacific (CROP) agencies and ensure alignment, wherever possible
- Develop a clear and comprehensive, people-centric, policy that addresses the shortcomings of the current policy
The policy should have a practical level of flexibility to account for and adapt to uncertainties and unexpected developments. The consultant will be required to present a clear timeframe for this work.
Timeframe and Budget:
The assignment shall start the day after the last signature of the contract and shall be completed no later than Wednesday 15th September, 2020.
Prices indicated in the proposal must be fixed amounts in Fiji Dollars. The amount of VAT should be shown separately.
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements:
- The selected consultant or agency will have 3-5 years of proven successful experience in Human Resources (HR)
- Knowledge and experience in working with regional organisations in the area of HR would be considered an asset
- Examples of past related work should be provided along with at least 3 references
- Expression of interest documentation should demonstrate that the supplier satisfies the conditions set out in the Terms of Reference and should outline the complete proposal (;personnel information including qualifications and experience, timeframe, costs, technical proposal and so forth)
- A proposal titled “EOI – REVIEW OF SPTO HUMAN RESOURCES POLICY AND PROCEDURES MANUAL” should be submitted by 3pm, Friday 27th August, 2020. This should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The successful supplier will be provided with all relevant documentation
Any queries pertaining to this assignment may be directed to Ms. Tahitia Waqavonovono – email@example.com