REQUEST FOR TENDERS
|Date:||15 May 2022|
|Subject:||Request for tenders – Consultancy services for the development of the Pacific Sustainable Tourism Criteria/Guidelines|
You are requested to submit a comprehensive proposal for the above consultancy as per the Terms of Reference set out in Annex I
To assist with your submission, please find enclosed:
Annex I: Terms of Reference
Annex II: Consultant’s Letter to SPTO Confirming Interest and Availability for the Consultancy Services
Annex III: Technical Proposal Submission Form
Annex IV: Financial Proposal Submission Form
- The Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) is an intergovernmental organisation based in Suva Fiji mandated to market and develop tourism in the Pacific. Its vision is for the Pacific islands’ empowered and benefitting from sustainable tourism.
- With a membership of 20 Pacific Island Countries and over 140 private sector members, SPTO’s work focuses on three (3) key priority areas which include robust research and statistics, sustainable tourism planning and development and marketing. For more information, see southpacificislands.travel
- SPTO invites tenders from qualified and experienced consultants who can offer their services to develop the Pacific Sustainable Tourism Criteria/Guidelines
- The successful applicant will need to submit the final deliverable by 21st April 2023 in line with the agreed contractual arrangements and Deliverables & Indicative Timelines per the Terms of Reference.
- Please click here to view the Terms of Reference are set out in Annex I.
- Conditions: Information for consultants
To be considered for this tender, interested consultants must meet all the requirements in the Terms of Reference as well as conditions below:
- Provide three professional references relevant to this tender submission, including the most relevant recent work completed.
- Provide examples of relevant past work outputs to support how you meet each of the evaluation criteria.
- Complete the Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability (please note you are required to complete all areas in full as requested on the form, particularly the Statements to demonstrate you meet the selection criteria – DO NOT refer us to your CV or your Technical Proposal. Failure to do this will result in the application not being considered).
- Submission instructions
- Tender documentation should demonstrate that the interested consultant satisfies the conditions stated above and is capable of meeting the specifications and timeframes, and provide supporting examples to address the evaluation criteria.
- Tender documentation should outline the interested consultant’s complete proposal:
- CV of proposed personnel highlighting relevant experience
- A Technical Proposal which should outline the interested consultant’s Methodology or approach including timelines to achieve the tasks outlined in the Terms of Reference. Please click here to view.
- A Financial Proposal which clearly outlines the fees component of the consultancy. Please click here to view.
- A Completed Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability- Please click here to view.
- Business License
- Tenderers must insist on an acknowledgement of receipt of tenders/proposals.
- Tender Clarification
Any clarification questions from applicants must be submitted by email to email@example.com before 4:00pm 20th May 2022 Fiji Time. A summary of all questions received with an associated response will be posted on the SPTO website www.southpacificislands.travel by 24th May 2022.
- Evaluation Criteria
- SPTO will select the preferred consultant on the basis of SPTO’s evaluation of the extent to which their tender documentation demonstrates that they offer the best value for money, and that they satisfy the criteria listed in this document and in ANNEX I and summarized below.
|Evaluation Criteria, Competency Requirements||Score Weight (%)|
|· Post Graduate Qualification in Tourism Development, Sustainable Development/ Strategy/ Management, Public Policy or a related field;|
|Criteria 2:||Technical experience in Sustainable Tourism Criteria/Standards/Guidelines Development||30|
|· More than 15 years progressive work experience in tourism related policy development, sustainability standards/criteria/guidelines formulation.|
|· Strong understanding of public, private sector and community issues relating to tourism development and sustainability in the Pacific, across Small Island Developing States and the global tourism sector;|
|· Professional experience in the design and/or implementation of sustainability standards, accreditation programmes at destination and/or private sector level.|
|Criteria 3||General Experience in Key Areas||30|
|· Experience in working with governments institutions particularly the National Tourism Organisations on policy related matters in the Pacific Islands;|
|· Experience working with regional organisations, GSTC, UNWTO and key UN Agencies, private sector and NGOs;|
|· Working experience with international organizations or similar projects and implementation would be an advantage;|
|Criteria 4||Relevance of Approach/Methodology to assignment||20|
|· Provide a clear and well thought-out Methodology for meeting the requirements of the Scope of Services and specific deliverables expected throughout the assignment.|
|· Sound and practical approach that allows for the inclusive engagement of stakeholders noting the remote delivery of outputs and diversity of issues and competing stakeholder interests|
|· Clear and realistic timeframe including confirmation of availability|
- The due date for submission of the tender is 4:00pm Fiji Time 3rd June 2022
- Late submissions will be NOT be considered.
- PLEASE SEND ALL TENDERS VIA EMAIL with Subject: ‘TENDER No 22-003: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE PACIFIC SUSTAINABLE TOURISM CRITERIA/GUIDELINES to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPTO reserves the right to reject any or all submissions and the lowest or any quotation will not necessarily be accepted.
By participating in the procurement procedure, you agree that SPTO may withdraw a procurement procedure at any time prior to issue of Purchase Order or signature or a contract without the bidder being entitled to claim any compensation