Click to view Tender Document
a) Lead Digital Specialist
The Lead Digital Specialist will work with SPTO’s Marketing Manager to support and direct the Digital Champions (In-country trainers). They will also be required to provide advice and skills transfer to SPTO, National Tourism Organisations (NTOs) and SPTO Tourism Industry Members. Individuals and agencies are both eligible to apply for this consultancy.
b) Objectives of the Consultancy
We are looking for a Consultant/agency that will deliver in the following areas:
- Champion, provide advice and facilitate capability building across the Pacific in close consultation with SPTO Marketing Manager
- Manage the delivery of training and provide guidance for selected activities for Phase 2
- Increase stakeholder collaboration at a regional and national level
c) Scope of Work
In close consultation with the SPTO Marketing Manager, the Lead Digital Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Consultant responsible for undertaking Digital Skills and Technology Needs Assessment
- Undertake quality checks and provide feedback and recommendations on the needs assessment and e-learning modules.
- Assist with hiring and coordinating Digital Champions across the region
- Supervise Digital Champions. This will also include monitoring their training schedule and progress on course delivery.
- Assist the SPTO team with guidance and reporting on Digital Measurement and Benchmarking.
- Provide expert advice on digital content, systems and data management where required.
- Upskill through train-the-trainer programmes the Digital Champions and SPTO team, where relevant.
- Consultant will be responsible for outlining what performance metrics they will use and how those will be reported, which will need to be in line with SPTO’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) policy and framework.
d) Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
At a minimum, the consultant will be expected to have the following:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Information & Communications Technology (ICT), Digital Marketing or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Training and Development, Media Relations, Content Marketing, Digital Media and ICT.
- In-depth knowledge of Digital Technologies, Training & Development, Technology Stacks, Trade & Consumer Marketing, Digital Measurement and Benchmarking
e) Consultancy Work and Reporting Arrangements
The Pacific Tourism Organisation, as the Contracting Authority for this project, will be responsible for managing the contract. The contractor will report to the Marketing Manager and provide progress reports based on the activities undertaken.
The entire assignment has to be accomplished by 30th September 2025.
Click to view Tender Document
Application should be titled ‘Consultancy – Lead Digital Specialist and emailed to email@example.com by Wednesday 30th March, 2022.
Important Note: To be considered for this consultancy, applicants are required to register as a Consultant on the SPTO JobsLink website (www.sptojobslink.com)