Click to view Tender Document
a) Digital Skills and Technology Needs Assessment
The Digital Strategy includes a proposed reporting programme for NTOs and private industry to share and compare digital marketing results in a Pacific Digital Benchmarking Programme. Such a programme would offer powerful insights to the SPTO on overall performance across the region and provide insights to help guide its own investments. The programme will start with a defined list of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) covering Audience, Engagement and Conversions to be measured by all participants.
Benchmarking programmes can be a powerful way for organisations to compare and understand their online performance. The regional benchmarking programme would allow each NTO to assess their performance against their peers. Benchmarking programmes are widely used in a range of industries including grocery, media, pharmaceuticals and more.
An important requirement for Phase 2 is to conduct a Digital Skills and Technology Needs Assessment and Design of E-learning modules. This comprehensive exercise will include a region-wide study which will be done in close consultation with National Tourism Organisations (NTOs) of SPTO’s member countries and SPTO Tourism Industry members. It is part of the Capability and Connections pillar of the Digital Strategy. The Capability and Connections pillar is the first, most important and foundational part of the digital strategy. It is focused on the people of the Pacific. Building the digital skills, knowledge and experience of the National Tourism Organisations (NTOs) and SPTO tourism industry members is critical to the success of every other part of the strategy.
b) Objectives of the Consultancy
The objective of the Consultancy is to conduct a digital skills and technology needs assessment and design e-learning modules for SPTO’s 20 Pacific member countries and tourism industry members.
c) Scope of Work
In close consultation with the SPTO Marketing Manager, the Consultant/Agency will be required to undertake the following:
- Conduct an extensive Desktop Research
- Consult with SPTO and NTOs and evaluate the current situation (Situation Analysis) of the Pacific’s Digital skills and Technology needs.
- Develop an Action Plan with timelines
- Develop e-learning modules and a training programme
- Consultant will be responsible for outlining what performance metrics they will use and how those will be reported, which will need to be in line with SPTO’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) policy and framework.
d) Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
At a minimum, the consultant will be expected to have the following:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Tourism/Management/Educational Leadership/Human Resources/ or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in developing training needs assessment, with proven experience in similar projects;
- In-depth knowledge of Digital technologies, Training & Development, Capacity Building and Learning Management Systems.
e) Consultancy Work and Reporting Arrangements
The Pacific Tourism Organisation, as the Contracting Authority for this project, will be responsible for managing the contract. The contractor will report to the Marketing Manager and provide progress reports based on the activities undertaken.
The entire assignment has to be accomplished by 31st October 2022.
Click to view Tender Document
Application should be titled ‘Consultancy for Digital Skills and Technology Needs Assessment and design of e-learning Modules’ and emailed to email@example.com by Wednesday 30th March, 2022.
Important Note: To be considered for this consultancy, applicants are required to register as a Consultant on the SPTO JobsLink website (www.sptojobslink.com)