National Capital District, Morobe, Autonomous Region of Bougainville, Central, East Sepik, East New Britain, Eastern Highlands, Madang, Milne Bay, New Ireland, West New Britain, Papua New Guinea
19th September 2023
- Great team culture and work environment
- Career pathway to leadership opportunities
- Exposure to working within a diverse and multicultural environment.
Newcrest Mining Limited is sourcing for an experienced and qualified talent to join their Fleet Reliability Engineering, Mobile Maintenance Department to support their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world’s largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
We are recruiting an experienced Technician Services, for a FIFO position on Lihir Island, PNG. Reporting to Senior Specialist, Fleet Engineering. You will be providing condition monitoring services to mobile fleet services.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Drive and influence proactive safety behaviours.
- Plan work so that it can be conducted safely; and consider environmental condition, nearby activities, and the people and other resources needed to complete the work.
- Conduct magnetic particle inspections, dye penetrant inspections, ultrasonic inspections, and Acoustic Inspections to all mobile fleet maintenance equipment.
- Review scheduled oil sampling results and provide feedback to customers for equipment condition and urgent repairs required.
- Ensure weekly planned schedule is adhered too.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities with the mobile fleet maintenance department.
- Open notifications in SAP and convert them to work order.
- Review live equipment health monitoring for preventive actioning/defect elimination.
- Bachelors in mechanical engineering or Trade Certificate in Diesel Fitting or Heavy Equipment Fitting is essential.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self – motivated with the ability to work autonomously from time to time
- High attention to detail with good time management skills
- PNG Driver’s Licence – Class Six (6)
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the closing date of the advertisement.