Technician – Instrumentation
- Great team culture and work environment
- Career pathway to leadership opportunities
- Exposure to working within a diverse and multicultural environment
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our culture embraces diversity in which differences are encouraged, and where everyone across Newcrest demonstrates and promotes inclusive practices.
Newcrest is one of the world’s largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
We are now seeking expression of interest from the position of Technician – Instrumentation for a FIFO position based at our Lihir Gold Operation (LGO). Reporting to the Supervisor – Instrumentation, you will be required to undertake day-to-day instrumentation maintenance tasks to achieve consistently high standards of safety, availability, and reliability at the Processing Plant.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Implements consistent compliance with set maintenance priorities by effectively communicating day-to-day maintenance priorities with Supervisor and team to deliver optimum equipment availability and reliability.
- Monitors and follows up on consistency of maintenance standards and practices within government regulations and company policy.
- Performs instrument maintenance tasks to a high standard, follow procedures and complete tasks as allocated by immediate Supervisor or other leaders.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement process by recommending solutions to Instrument reliability issues and assisting with and implementing maintenance strategy and system initiatives to improve maintenance solutions continuously.
- Effectively communicates day-to-day maintenance issues with the Instrumentation Supervisor, and with other sections and work groups by providing updates of relevant issues and seeking information or input as required to define maintenance priorities and develop effective working relationships.
- Escalates any issues, delays or roadblocks impacting ability to execute tasks.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections on plant equipment.
Ideally, our preferred applicant will have;
- Electrical or Instrumentation trade Certificate.
- Engineering Qualifications an advantage.
- Proven Industry experience maintaining instrumentation in operational processing facilities.
- PNG Power Electrical Licenses.
- Experience with radiation devices and /or radiation safety accreditation highly advantageous.
- Experience with different types of handheld instrumentation communication devices & calibration equipment highly advantageous.
- Working knowledge of SAP program and efficient in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel and outlook.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in heavy industry preferably withing a mining environment.
- PNG Driver’s License- class 6.
- Elevated work platform and working at heights (Desirable).
- Self – Motivated with the ability to work Autonomously with high attention to Detail and good time management skills.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge in performing maintenance on instrumentation equipment according to preventative maintenance programs.
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.