Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Lihir operation in Mining Department is now recruiting for the position of Technician – Electrical for FIFO role based at our Lihir Gold Operation (LGO).
Reporting to the Supervisor – Electrical, you’re required to undertake day-to-day electrical maintenance tasks to achieve consistently high standards of safety, availability, and reliability at the Fixed Plant Maintenance Department.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Ensures personal and team compliance with all company HSE requirements & policies including fitness for Work.
- Implements consistent compliance with set maintenance priorities by effectively communicating day-to-day maintenance priorities with Supervisor and team to deliver optimum equipment availability and reliability.
- Monitors and follows up on consistency of maintenance standards and practices within government regulations and company policy.
- Performs electrical maintenance tasks to a high standard, follow procedures and complete tasks as allocated by immediate Supervisor or other leaders.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement process by recommending solutions to electrical equipment reliability issues and assisting with and implementing maintenance strategy and system initiatives to improve maintenance solutions continuously.
- Effectively communicates day-to-day maintenance issues with the Electrical Supervisor, and with other sections and work groups by providing updates of relevant issues and seeking information or input as required to define maintenance priorities and develop effective working relationships.
- Escalates any issues, delays or roadblocks impacting ability to execute tasks.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections on plant equipment.
Ideally, our preferred applicant will have;
- Electrical Trade Certificate.
- PNG Power Electrical Licence.
- PNG Driver’s Licence – Class 6.
- High voltage certification.
- Elevated work platform ticket.
- 3 – 5 years relevant work experience essential in heavy industry preferably within a mining environment; either through experience in a similar operation or through progression as an Newmont Trainee Operator.
- Demonstrated knowledge in performing maintenance on electrical equipment according to preventative maintenance programs.
- Proficient in English with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously from time to time.
- High attention to detail with good time management skills.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills.
- This opportunity is open to PNG citizens who are currently employed by Newmont
- Must be available for FIFO to Lihir
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.