Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position within the University.
TECHNICAL OFFICER – AGRICULTURE TECHNOLOGY
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the Technical Officer – Agriculture Technology – will be responsible for conducting practicals for agriculture engineering, farm mechanization and post-harvest technology while simultaneously attending to basic IT needs of the Department.
- Prepare and conduct laboratory and field practicals for agriculture engineering, farm mechanization and post-harvest technology
- Provide technical assistance in the areas of teaching and research for both undergraduate and and postgraduate students
- Collaborate with lecturer and lab manager to arrange field and industrial visits for the students
- Oversee the housekeeping and maintenance of machineries, equipment, software and other items for agriculture engineering, farm mechanization and post-harvest technology
- Attend to issues, troubleshoot and solve IT problems in the entire department
- Provide industry-based consultancy
- Execute any other tasks as directed by the Lab Manager or the HoD.
Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Agriculture Science plus a certificate/diploma in Information Technology
- Two years of experience with using and maintaining agriculture machineries, structures and equipment in farming activities
- Experience with the use and maintenance of post-harvest machineries and equipment to maintain food quality, protect food safety and to reduce loss between food harvest and consumption
- Basic knowledge and skills of drone technology, GIS and mapping, use of sensors and agriculture technology platforms
- Basic knowledge and skills of engineering in agriculture operations
- Have excellent communication skills, a team player, committed and results oriented.
Technical Officer I/II K25,805 – K37,037 per annum
Domestic Market Allowance K1,200 per annum
(Level of appointment depends upon qualification and experience)
A detailed application with updated curriculum vitae including certified copies of qualifications, names and email addresses, phone numbers of three (3) current referees including one from past/present employer should be sent to:
The Director – Human Resources
PNG University of Technology
Private Mail Bag
Papua New Guinea
Applications must be compiled and sent as one PDF file to [email protected] with an indication of their earliest availability to take up the appointment.
- Deadline for all applications is 30th of September, 2023.
- Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
- PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT RE-APPLY