This position will be based at the Central Distribution site in Karsanji Street, Vatuwaqa., reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor.
The nature of the role includes:
- Coordinating and executing daily logistic plans and managing the changeover of stock.
- Ensuring accurate deliveries are sent to both internal and external customers.
- Ensuring daily logistics targets are achieved.
- Providing front line day to day leadership to the logistics team.
- Coaching and developing floor level logistics staff to improve efficiencies and capability and coordinating staff trainings when required.
- Ensuring Goodman Fielder Safety Standards and Environmental Policy and Regulatory obligations are adhered to at all times.
Key skills and attributes required:
- A minimum of Year 13/Form 7 school education.
- At least 1 year working experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in influencing and leading teams.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and leadership skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work shifts.
- A valid group 2 (manual) driving license with no demerit points. Holding a group 6 & 9 driving license would be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and have a positive attitude.
- Be physically fit and able to lift heavy weights in order to load and unload stock.
How to apply
If this opportunity appeals to you then click ‘Apply now’ and send us your cover letter and CV today!
(YOU MUST ATTACH YOUR COVER LETTER AND CURRICULUM VITAE IN ONE PDF FILE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLISTING. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED)
Only candidates with the experience and qualifications listed need to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly for an interview.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Friday 20th May 2022.