BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day.
Come be a part of this journey as we are looking for an awesome Team Leader Quality Assurance!
Seniority Level: Non-Management
Location: Suva, Fiji
The position is responsible for leading the quality and compliance efforts within the laboratory department. This includes ensuring equipment calibration, providing accurate product and process quality information, leading all aspects of laboratory staff, conducting inspections, and assisting the Quality Assurance Manager in preparing quality reports
SOME OTHER KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supply quality training and product/process awareness programmed to personnel to embed the ownership of quality across the supply chain and promote the appropriate use of metrics and tools.
- Ensure full compliance, at any point in time, to controls, processes and procedures required as part of the role.
- Assist the Operations team in establishing a strong Operations capability that delivers leading work practices to support the strategic initiatives of the business.
- Optimize systems and work processes to drive productivity and growth.
- Monitoring quality personnel performance and overview quality standards, reporting results daily and collaborating closely with the QA manager on all internal quality problems.
- Provide advice and guidance to SMD, PMD and Supply Chain Quality Controllers in maintaining high level of quality control in their respective areas.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Quality Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- Previous experience in a quality assurance role, preferably in a leadership or supervisory capacity for at least 3 years and above.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance principles, methodologies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with quality management systems and tools.
- Relevant certifications such as Six Sigma, Lean, or ISO certifications may be advantageous.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using quality management software and tools.
- Delivering in ambiguous & dynamic situations as a part of a global multi-functional team by building partnerships & working diplomatically
- Drives innovation & knowledge sharing
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!