1. Responsible for the preparation of the monthly financial accounts for Management and Board information.
• Prepare the Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and relevant key ratios.
• Prepares the monthly financial write up for Management and Board information.
2. Responsible for all external reporting requirements.
• Check the monthly and quarterly reports for Reserve Bank of Fiji within the RBF timeframe and ensure any additional information is provided as and when required. The job requires a good understanding of relevant RBF Acts, policies and legislation applicable to Financial Institutions.
• Identify and assess changes to the regulations and make necessary modifications to the reporting requirements of stakeholders.
• Ensure that the monthly and quarterly claim to Ministry of Finance for interest subsidy, Government Guarantee is submitted in time and liaise with them for the payment.
• Prepare the Banks Annual Subsidy Submission to Ministry of Economy for allocation in the National Budget.
• Quarterly report for Bureau of Statistics.
3. Responsible for the preparation of the Bank’s Annual Accounts. The job requires a thorough understanding of accounting standards and disclosure requirements. This also requires the ability to effectively analyze raw data generated from BMS and Sun System and have strong numeracy skills and advance Excel spreadsheet skills.
4. Responsible for the preparation of the Bank’s annual budget. The job requires the ability to effectively analyze raw data generated from BMS and Sun System and have strong numeracy skills and advance Excel spreadsheet skills.
a) Collate all the budget submission from all centers.
b) Ensure that proper justifications have been provided by the Centre Managers for all submissions received.
c) Ensure that accurate budgeting method (incremental/zero based budgeting) is applied to individual expense items.
d) Develop and make necessary changes to the budget model.
e) Prepares the budget in a timely manner for the Management and Board approval.
f) Re-distribute the consolidated annual budget into Centre budgets.
g) Ensure accuracy in allocation of projected overhead costs to the respective centres.
h) Distributes the budget to all centers before the beginning of the next financial year.
i) Prepares quarterly Bank’s performance review report.
5. Check the Asset Register and Depreciation System for accuracy and completeness. The job requires a thorough understanding of accounting standards on the treatment and recording of assets.
a) Ensure that Asset register is up to date and monthly reconciliation is done in time.
b) Check all journals relating to the revaluation of Bank’s assets and ensure that the Asset register is updated accurately.
c) Coordinating the annual stock take exercise.
6. Responsible for checking and ensuring completion of the following:
a) Monthly accrual of payments.
b) Monthly lodgment of VAT. This includes preparation of VAT return for sale of seized items where VAT is applicable.
c) Ensuring the Loan Debtors Control account reconciles with the Subsidiary Ledger on monthly basis.
d) Ensure that all relevant write-off journals and PVA’s are prepared and keyed into BMS in time
7. Responsible for monitoring and tracking monthly ECL movements. Checking the ECL model for accuracy and completeness.
8. Responsible for maintaining the monthly IFRS 16 schedules and reconciliations.
9. Responsible for the supervision of the Bank’s payroll function.
a) Check the weekly and fortnightly pay controls for accuracy.
b) Check all pay journals and ensures that the journals are posted in a timely manner.
c) Check all statutory payments relating to staff such as FNPF, PAYE and TPAF grants are done within the specified time period.
d) Ensure the monthly PAYE EMS files are accurate and submitted to FRCA by the due date.
e) Ensure timely that reconciliation of all pay related GL accounts.
f) Responsible for creating provisions for Triennial Leave Allowances, Long Service & Annual Leave and Gratuity.
10. Responsible for the review of all Centre’s operating results.
11. Ensure that the procurement process is effective, efficient and compliant with the Bank’s Accounting manual. Confirm the entries made in the Purchase Orders prior to approval by Manger Finance.
12. Contributes and assists Manager Finance in drafting new accounting procedures and policies, design reporting templates (e.g. Sun Vision Executive and Vision Excel templates), new forms and provide training to users and assist in implementation of system improvements and best practices.
13. Assist Manager Finance in providing support, training and advice to support staff on the preparation of the full range of tender and quotation documentation, and the appropriated processes that accompany them.
14. Provide financial data and other information to Centre Managers and Management through Manager Finance as and when required. He/she is also required to attend to Branch and other centers queries in relation to budgets, journal transactions, , input codes or system and other transactions.
15. Represent Finance Division in BMS User Committee and assist in resolving all Finance related issues in BMS.
16. Supervises and co-ordinates the activities of the Financial Accounting Team.
• Ensure that the monthly workflow is completed in a timely manner as per the target set by the Manager Finance.
• Complete and discuss periodic reviews of Staff performance and develop improvements based on outcome and feedback.
17. Any other related duties assigned by the Manager.
A degree in Accounting and Finance from a reputable University and/or a member of recognized accounting profession body such as FIA.
At least 5 years’ experience in a similar environment with reasonable supervisory skills.