Are you a skilled Systems Developer looking to rise to a new challenge? Pepper UK is one of the leading specialist loan servicing companies in the UK and we are currently looking for a Systems Developer with proven experience in driving change and continuous improvement within IT teams in a financial services environment.
The Systems Developer will be part of a dynamic cross-functional team. Their primary role would focus on the development aspect of the SDLC, but they would also be expected to regularly contribute to design discussions, advise business stakeholders on potential solutions, and support the testing team.
The areas of work will include enhancement of the Pepper .NET software platform (middleware and front-end GUI), development of the Pepper public API offering, development of our ETL processes (driven by both SQL and SSIS), high level and low-level design documentation, and provision of systems support.
This position will call on your knowledge, experience, and creativity to become a key player in both pro-active and re-active projects which will demand an extremely high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Development and maintenance of the VB & C#.NET software platforms
- Development and maintenance of the Daily/Monthly ETL processes
- Migration of mortgage portfolio data via SQL ETL’s into the core Phoebus platform including analysis of source data, mapping data into the Phoebus template, implementing, testing, and reconciling the migration process.
- Ensure all developments fit within the overall system architecture and design strategy, and make sure code is of a consistent and appropriate standard.
- Support the delivery of Helpdesk tickets for the in-house business systems, ensuring all requests are dealt with effectively and closed out in a timely manner.
- Support the technical migration of loan portfolios off the core platforms that occur from time to time.
- Candidate needs to be flexible in terms of working hours (Ideally from 9 pm to 6 am FJT).
- Can-do attitude, high achieving developer that can bring their development skills to deliver a world class product.
- Self-directed and able to manage & prioritize workload.
- Ability to come up with solutions for complex problems.
- Strong team collaboration skills and experience working with remote teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly and positively to change.
- Ability and experience working with an agile team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 2 – 7 years relevant experience
- Excellent VB.NET & C# skills (WinForms, WCF and WebAPI)
- Excellent MS SQL Server skills, strong T-SQL and experience in database design and data migration.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel – For data analysis/manipulation etc
- Competent in best practices and techniques – unit testing, design patterns, SOLID principles
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary package
- Medical benefits
- 24/7 transportation
- Ongoing career development and training
- A secure career with a fast-growing company
- Inclusive workplace culture
How to Apply: Your professional CV and cover letter must be submitted via email to [email protected] which must include details of 3 non-related professional referees. All applications must be submitted by 21st May 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Related Jobs (2)
Manager Ecommerce and Web on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Systems Developer (x2) on May 30, 2023 Full Time