An Exciting and Challenging opportunity exists at Guadalcanal Plains Palm Oil Limited (GPPOL), the Leading Agricultural Business in the Solomon Islands, for: Sustainability Officer.
We are seeking a passionate and motivated individual to be part of our Sustainability team, as Sustainability Officer. Reporting to the Sustainability Manager, this role supports the work of monitoring and maintenance of the Sustainability Management System which encompasses Environment, Social and Occupational Safety and Health. Carry out monitoring, evaluations and audits on environmental matters and OSH standards across GPPOL to ensure compliance with required international standards and government regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Implementing environment and safety Management strategies taking into account legal and industrial business concerns;
- Carry out general environmental health duties (market inspection, health promotion, sanitation inspection) and provide advice to the company on matters pertaining to environmental, health and safety.
- Conduct internal environmental impact assessments on new development.
- Collect water samples to test for bio-oxygen demand (BOD), microbiological and chemical analyses and ensure water quality investigation and monitoring is done.
- Assist to establish buffers where there are creeks, rivers, swamps or HCV sites and conduct monthly monitoring according to the relevant code of practices guidelines.
- Carry out Environment, Health & Safety and Social Awareness during out growers Field Day.
- Support the Senior Sustainability Officer in implementing and executing health, safety, and loss prevention activities.
- Assist with workplace risk assessment function within GPPOL to meet existing internal and external standards.
- Follow up complaints and investigate accidents to ensure health, safety and loss prevention standards are maintained.
- Attend immediately to environment, social or safety grievance raised by locals, employees or dependents and submit compile report to Sustainability Manager.
- Carry out RSPO Awareness to employee or communities upon request.
- Carry out awareness to communities regarding environmental destruction or social impacts.
- Any other duties as instructed by the Sustainability Manager and General Manager.
- Support the Senior Sustainability officer to implement strategies and maintain continuous compliance to RSPO/SAN requirements through inspections and audits.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes or materials.
- Preferably Bachelors Degree in field relating to Environmental work/Occupational Health and Safety or similar experience with 3-5 year’s experience in a related field or industry.
- Experience in carrying out internal audits for required standards.
- An engaging personality and the ability to communicate with people on all levels;
- Strong MS Office skills;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing workload and prioritising tasks;
- Ability to think creatively to achieve outcomes;
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude;
- Being able to work independently;
You may contact us at [email protected] if you need further information.
Remuneration Package: An attractive Remuneration package will be offered. This includes free housing and utilities (water, electricity & gas) and medical assistance as per company policy.
How to apply? Kindly forward a detailed C.V., Cover Letter and Supporting certified documents to:
HR and Training Manager
PO Box 2001
Or Email: [email protected]
Applications for this position close on Friday 29th December 2023.
We thank those applying and advise that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Related Jobs (141)
DEVELOPMENT FACILITATOR (PORT VILA) – NORISH PROJECT on February 28, 2024 Full Time
DEVELOPMENT FACILITATOR (PORT VILA) – LABOUR MOBILITY PROJECT on February 28, 2024 Full Time