An Exciting and Challenging Opportunity! Guadalcanal Plains Palm Oil Limited the Leading Agricultural Business in the Solomon Islands is looking for a:
We are currently looking for a passionate and motivated Sustainability Officer to join our Sustainability team to ensure that our requirements for the Roundtable of Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) certification are monitored and maintained. Reporting to the Sustainability Manager, you will support the work of monitoring and maintenance of the Sustainability Management System which encompasses Environment, Social and Occupational Safety and Health.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Carry out inspections, investigations, audits or evaluation on environmental matters and OSH standards across GPPOL to ensure compliance with required standards and government regulations.
- Conduct internal environmental impact assessments on new development.
- Support the Senior Sustainability officer to implement strategies and maintain continuous compliance to RSPO/SAN requirements through inspections and audits.
- Implementing environment and safety Management strategies taking into account legal and industrial business concerns;
- Assist with workplace risk assessment function within GPPOL to meet existing internal and external standards
- Collect water samples to test for bio oxygen demand (BOD), microbiological and chemical analyses and ensure water quality investigation and monitoring is done.
- Assist to establish buffers where there are creeks, rivers, swamps or HCV sites and conduct monthly monitoring according to the logging code of practices guidelines.
- Carryout occupational health and safety training and health promotion awareness training to employees.
- Carry out Environment, Health & Safety and Social Awareness during out growers Field Day.
- Attend immediately to environment, social or safety grievance raised by locals, employees or defendants and submit compile report to Sustainability Manager.
- Carry out Roundtable on Sustainable Palm oil (RSPO) Awareness to employee or communities upon request.
- Carry out awareness to communities regarding environmental destruction or social impacts.
- Any other duties as instructed by the Sustainability Manager and General Manager.
- Bachelors Degree in field relating to Environmental work/Occupational Health and Safety or similar experience with 3-5 year’s experience in a related field or industry
- Experience in carrying out internal audits for required standards
- An engaging personality and the ability to communicate with people on all levels;
- Strong MS Office skills;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing workload and prioritizing tasks;
- Ability to think creatively to achieve outcomes;
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude;
- Being able to work independently;
You may contact [email protected] if you need further information.
An attractive Remuneration package will be offered. This includes housing and utilities (free gas, water & electricity) and medical assistance as per company policy.
How to apply?
Kindly forward a detailed C.V. and supporting documents to:
HR and Training Manager
PO Box 2001
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Or Email: [email protected]
Applications for this position close on Tuesday 3rd January 2023
We thank those applying and only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Related Jobs (1)
IRI Gap Analysis Request for Proposal (RFP) – Melanesia on February 1, 2023 Consultant