Supervisor – Production
- Great team culture and work environment
- Career pathway to leadership opportunities
- Exposure to working within a diverse and multicultural environment
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our culture embraces diversity in which differences are encouraged, and where everyone across Newcrest demonstrates and promotes inclusive practices.
The CompanyNewcrest is one of the world’s largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
We are now seeking expression of interest from the position of Supervisor – Production for a FIFO position based at our Lihir Gold Operation (LGO). Reporting to the Senior Supervisor – Mine Production, you will be required to assists the Supervisor Mine Production – in safely and efficiently managing the production areas so that the team achieves the daily /weekly Mine Plans.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Drives and influences proactive safety behaviours within workgroups through visible leadership.
- Monitor equipment safety systems and operator fatigue technologies and take appropriate actions as per intervention process and procedures and TARPs.
- Provides effective supervision of roads and drainage maintenance utilising dedicated mine roads and contractor equipment.
- Contributes to the efficiency of production through good roads.
- Contribute to achieving tyre life targets.
- Ensure all works done are as per the Lihir Mine Haul Roads Standard.
- Ensure there is efficiency of the production/loading areas will be paramount especially with the Load and Haul cycle to optimize the haulage fleet and all other support activities like haul roads, drainage and clean-up work/bench maintenance and floor level controls in their specific work areas ore and waste dumps.
- The Accountability of ensuring all required controls (road delineation, safety/traffic signs,) are always maintained.
Ideally, our preferred applicant will have;
- Minimum requirement grade 10 or 12.
- 5 + years relevant work experience essential including supervisory experience in large scale mining operations.
- PNG Driver’s Licence – Class 6 is required.
- Excellent verbal, written & communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Sound task planning skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for working together as team.
- Be able to work with different people of all races and a strong teamwork.
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.