Aspen Medical is seeking qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Supervisor Hospital Services. The Supervisor Hospital Services is responsible for planning, organizing, supervising and evaluating the operation of the housekeeping and laundry services at Lautoka Hospital. The position is responsible for establishing and delivering an international standard of service and quality, observing best practice Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) guidelines.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- Supervise the daily activities of the housekeeping and laundry services to maintain an international standard of cleanliness and service.
- Ensure suitable resourcing, scheduling and tasking of housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Support the recruitment, training and development of housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Work closely with the Director Non-Clinical Services and Aspen Medical Global to identify and implement service improvements and operational efficiencies.
- Work closely with the Director Non-Clinical Services and Aspen Medical Global to review, develop and implement required policies, procedures and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Work closely with the IPC Lead to ensure a clean and safe environment is maintained for patients, staff and visitors in accordance with international IPC best practice.
- Uphold the highest standards of safety and conduct, including the identification and reporting of incidents.
- Ensure the adequate and efficient processing and distribution of linen in accordance with varying workload requirements of the hospital.
- Frequently monitor, evaluate, report and maintain standards of cleanliness and service provision.
- Frequent review, update and audit cleaning checklists.
- Maintain machines and equipment in operating condition by performing proactive maintenance and adjustments.
- Ensure the identification and timely reporting of maintenance items to the Manager Facilities.
- Maintain an inventory for the purchase, ordering, forecasting and replenishment of housekeeping and laundry supplies.
- Maintain a cost control system for the efficient operation of services by recording services standards, volume of production, supplies used, losses, repairs and related information.
- Manage and report on the housekeeping and laundry budget.
- Act as a liaison between employees and management to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Ensure all staff members are performing their jobs effectively and efficiently.
- Partner with other departments to accomplish company goals.
- Evaluate team members and recommend/deliver training to improve performance.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Successful Completion of Form 7 level or at least certificate or diploma in relevant field.
- At least one year’s experience in similar role.
- Service and customer-oriented approach, with a commitment to assist at workplace as and when required.
- Ability to effectively work within a team, with less supervision.
- Understanding of Occupational Health & Safety and Infection Control Policy.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Service oriented approach, with a commitment to supporting the overarching values and goals of Aspen Medical.
Culture: Aspen Medical offers exceptional career opportunities, exposure to exciting and cutting-edge projects and an opportunity to work with people who are genuinely passionate about what they do.
- Professional development opportunities (we will contribute towards training courses of interest that will assist you in developing in your role)
- Paid Family Care leave
- On site ongoing wellness programs
- Flexible working options as applicable
- Opportunities to work and learn with/from the Aspen Global Team of experts
For any queries on the position, please contact us via email [email protected]
We value diversity and inclusivity in the workplace and actively encourage applications from qualified candidates, diverse cultural backgrounds, and applicants with disabilities who possess relevant skills and knowledge to apply.