SUPERVISOR CAN MAKING PLANT -LAE BASE
International Food Corporation ltd, the leading manufacture of Besta Mackerel and Tuna products in PNG and South Pacific seeking to recruit highly motivated and qualified experience individual to fill the position of Supervisor Can Making Plant.
Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, callipers, micrometres, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- To ensure standard documentation procedures had to be complied with in the process of recording, keeping and filing of certain data
- Had to know and understand all relevant Organizational Health & Safety measures and requirement which are involved within your working environment
- Be able to be transferred or moved from one department to another with compliance to management decisions; or must be able to stand-in for any person anytime when need arises.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 3 years of plant technician experience.
- Ability to stand on your feet up to 8 hours a day.
- Great communication skills to work with employees.
- Amazing problem solving skills.
- A technical degree is preferable.
- Good interpersonal, problem solving & time management skill
- Advanced MS Office skills
Interested applicants, please submit your application through this email [email protected]