We are currently seeking to recruit a Storeperson for our Commercial – HV Logistics Department. Reporting to the Supervisor Warehousing, the successful applicant will mainly be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and maintenance of logistical systems, associated programs and delegated projects for logistics as required.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Correctly process goods through the receiving process with no errors
- Correctly bins items in the allocated area and ensure locations are updated in pronto correctly by checking off receiving reports
- Correctly issues items to customers with no UOI mistakes and correctly process in pronto
- Completes stock take on time, ensuring stock accuracy and carries investigations and provides reports on discrepancies
- Operate fuel or fuel farms correctly and using Standard Work Procedures
- Maintaining all safety systems and by following procedures
- Ability to be trained operate a Forklift and Side Lifter
- Ability to be trained to sparge bulk chemicals
- Carry out vehicle escort duties if required
- Operate Light Truck if required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum Grade 12 Level of Education
- Certificate/Diploma in Supply Chain Management or similar discipline
- Must have prior experience in logistics and warehouse operations preferably within the mining industry
- Must have a good understanding of correct lifting and carrying techniques and distribution of loads
- High level computer skills in MS Excel
- Working knowledge of pronto or related systems highly desired
- Must have a valid class 3 or 6 PNG’s driver’s licence
- Safety focused and attention to detail
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Preferably a local candidate from Tier 1 and 2 and around Wau / Bulolo area.
The above role is Hidden Valley Mine based.
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident, you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, then please apply by email to [email protected]
All applications must be sent via email only. Applications that come through mail will not be accepted.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Advertisement closes on Tuesday, 03rd January 2023