STOREMAN – NATIONAL PARTS DISTRIBUTION CENTRE
This career position requires fast, effective and accurate checking of all inbound airfreight and seafright orders and maintenance of the warehouse, ensuring the integrity of the warehouse is not compromised and that all parts are in correct locations and that all orders arechecked and located according to the set schedules requirements.
Reports To: Parts Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports all theft or possible theft Safety
- To abide by the safety rules and regulations (See warehouse Safety rules and regulations)
- To ensure that all inbound both airfreight and sea freight
- Orders checked efficiently and accurately and located within the scheduled time
- To ensure all discrepancies arising from inbound airfreight or sea freight whether it be up or down in quantity or part number been different as per order or invoice or damaged parts must be reported to the Warehouse supervisor or senior
store man immediately with in the scheduled checking off time.
- To help out with checking and packing of outbound sea freight and airfreight orders
- To ensure that warehouse floor is clean and bin locations are clean
- Must be prepared to work as a team member within the Warehouse and Parts Department and also within other sections or departments of the company as required.
- Communicate with the management or superiors openly and honestly on issues such as;
a) Grievances, problems etc
b) Conflicts within the department
d) Ideas and suggestions that may improve Efficiency and Productivity
e) Operating problems with equipment’s used in the warehouse or parts department.
- Participate in internal or external training as required to improve skills. At times this could be outside of normal working hours.
- Keep work area clean and tidy and clear of clutter.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Participate enthusiastically in team meetings.
- Wear clean company supplied clothing and safety boots.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as requested.
Education, training and/or state/national certifications should clearly demonstrate the possession of the knowledge and skills stated above.
- Minimum of High School Certificate or equivalent
- 2 years of college with a strong emphasis on business skills preferred
- Driver’s license preferred
- Demonstrated EXPERIENCE
- 2 years in an automotive Parts Department preferred
- 1 year of parts storeman experience
HOURS OF WORK
Monday-Friday 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m
Saturday 8:00a.m. to 12:00p.m
NOTE: Only successful applicants will be notified for interview. Any application that does not conform to the minimum requirements will NOT be considered.
To apply for this job simply click on the blue “Apply” button below. If you prefer to use email instead, please send your CV and other relevant documentation to [email protected]. Please include the Job ID “#18510” in the email’s subject to ensure your application is processed.
Related Jobs (11)
MCS Analysts (2 Positions) – (Based in Honiara, Solomon islands!) on February 20, 2024 Full Time