IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
Searching for an opportunity that just adds up? We’re looking for a Store-man to coordinate or assist in receiving, storage, and/or dispensing of food and/or non-food items to meet the needs of the various departments and functions.
Your day to day
- Ensures all merchandise are stored under optimal conditions and are ready for issuing.
- Ensures that all storage areas are clean and maintains high hygienic standards.
- Verifies quantities of arriving materials destined for store room, signs for same on receiving stamp.
- Maintains merchandises bin labels identifying lack item’s code, number, name, issue unit and minimum and maximum stock levels.
- Ensures that all issues from stores are made against properly completed, ruled off/approved store room requisitions, all code numbers are clearly indicated next to each item being issued, signs the “issued by” portion of the requisition.
- Records consecutive numbers on all store room requisitions before giving the copy of the requisitions to the person accepting the goods, logs each requisition in the store room logbook and forwards completed requisition to the Inventory Clerk.
- Verifies the list of items at re-order point against physical quantities before submitting the list to the Purchasing Manager.
- Ensures that store room temperatures including the freezer and the refrigerator are in the line with InterContinental Hotel Group Standards.
- Interacts and cooperates with all sub section in the storeroom, merchandise receiver, merchandise deliverer and with receiving clerk.
- Ensures that merchandises are issued by fifo system that the beverage decal is attached on the liquor bottles issued and that each Hard liquor is issued against an empty bottle.
- Makes oneself available during physical inventories taken by the Finance Department.
- Performs other duties as required.
What we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team members who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations & provide a high-level of service excellence to our resort guests. The ideal candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of experience in similar room.
- Good practical, operational and adequate administrative skills.
- A naturally outgoing and friendly personality with a passion for service excellence to consistently deliver and demonstrate IHG service standards.
- A true “team-player” mentality and flexible attitude towards a diverse set of tasks.
- Able to read and write English.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Friday 05th May, 2023.
Related Jobs (7)
SHIPPING DOCUMENTATION – OFFICER (LAE) on May 31, 2023 Full Time
REEFER TECHNICIAN (LAE) on May 31, 2023 Full Time
TRAILER DRIVERS (POM) on May 31, 2023 Full Time
ALLOCATOR, SUPPLY CHAIN (QUARRIES) on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Carptrac – Heavy Mobile Plant Technician (West) on May 22, 2023 Full Time
Pilot Positions in Air Niugini on May 2, 2023 Full Time