Goodman Fielder Papua New Guinea is one of PNG’s largest food companies, manufacturing and distributing high quality Flour, Stock Feed, Rice, Snacks and Bakery products throughout the country. Well known products and brands include Flame Flour, Flame Stock feed, Flame Oil & Sugar, Bilas Bread, Skel Rice, Twisties snacks, Arthurs Pies and the Meadow Lea range.
At GFI, we are about making food better for everyone.
Goodman Fielders PNG now have exciting new opportunities for our newly created Oil Bottling Plant. We have a new vacancy for a Stock Controller to join our newly created Oil Plant Operations team in Lae. Reporting to the Production Manager, this role is responsible for Oil Bottling Plant Materials, Finished Goods, Consumables, cleaning materials and machine parts and also covers tracking and follow up on orders for materials and items concerned.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage stock transfer transactions in SAP to ensure optimum stock position for operational optimization
- Conduct audits for all inputs and outputs to maintain an accurate inventory management system.
- Develop all necessary reports and documentation to facilitate and maintain accurate inventory counts, including records of audits, and adjustments.
- Oversee inventory and materials at production
- Perform critical inventory tasks to ensure the correct amount of items are in stock
- Review documentation and monitor product codes to search for discrepancies; troubleshoot quantity discrepancies between stock and records
- Respond to sales inquiries and purchase orders; collect and analyze data to determine appropriate order quantities; process orders for shipment
- Track rates of accuracy, purchase and return as well as defective items to inform quality control decisions
- Prepare, generate, and file financial inventory reports; review reports monthly with management
- Nurture positive relationships with suppliers and provide customer service as needed
To be considered for the role, you will need to have:
- 3+ years in inventory management
- SAP experience is an added advantage
- Minimum grade 12 education.
- Understanding of warehouse management procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
- Outstanding written and communication skills.
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with all level of staff and functions
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, publisher and outlook)
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management (essential)
- Experience in working with new customers and developing relationships quickly (essential)
- Must understanding of end-to-end supply chain drivers within FMCG (preferred)
Be part of the Skel GF life and join a team that values healthy eating and active lifestyles and wants to share that with all the people of PNG. Still interested? Send your letter of application and CV/resume with at least 2 referees to:
Goodman Fielder Papua New Guinea
P.O. Box 673, Port Moresby NCD PNG
E-mail: [email protected]
Please submit your application in either word or pdf and with only one attachment.
Applications close Monday 30th January 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Related Jobs (2)
ENGINEER – SOUTH SEA ISLAND on May 30, 2023 Full Time
Carptrac – Trade Apprentice on May 30, 2023 Full Time