IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
We’re looking for Stewards to support our young & vibrant Kitchen team by supporting the Food and Beverage operations by cleaning and maintaining kitchen equipment and the premises whilst maintaining hygienic standards and practices. Demonstrates our Winning Way Behaviors: Do the right thing, Show we care, Aim higher, Celebrate difference and Work better together. Provide feedback on the delivery of Room to be yourself commitment: Room to have a great start, Room to be involved, Room to grow & Room for you.
Your Day to Day
- Ensure OH&S standards and procedures are in place and staff receives the relevant training and refresher training to keep their knowledge up to date on hazards, operating procedures, use and maintenance of equipment and emergency response procedures.
- Prepares kitchen equipment for use. Assists with checking and receiving goods.
- Store goods.
- Maintain storage areas.
- Clean and store equipment.
- Clean premises.
- Handle waste and linen.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen.
- Clean the kitchen and equipment.
- Maintain personal hygiene.
- Attend to all briefings.
- Participate in training.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
What do we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team members who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations and provide a – high level of service excellence to our Resort guests. The ideal candidate will have;
- Diverse knowledge of the role, be a team player, be able to interact well with colleagues and also understand the nature of the operations.
- Ideally, you’ll have previous work experience in Food & Beverage/Kitchen and/or hospitality operations and be enthusiastic, approachable and motivated with a real passion for hospitality in order to consistently deliver a great customer experience.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Monday 27th February, 2023.