Your day to day
As a Steward, you will Clean and sanitize plateware, silverware, glassware, pots pans, utensils and equipment, and work area in a timely manner.
- Set up workstation as required to include filling dish machine, checking chemical levels, pre soaking, and gathering required set up equipment for appropriate workstations
- Replenish as needed for all shifts and rinse/scrape all dishes
- Operate dishwashing machine to manufacturer specifications and instructions. Place clean dishes in assigned storage location
- Always maintain an organized hygienic kitchen
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments key departmental contacts include Catering, Banquets, Outlets, and Maintenance
- Clean designated equipment, such as hoods, filters, steam tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors, kitchen cafeteria dump site/compactor area as assigned Use and dispose of kitchen substances (such as grease) and kitchen chemicals properly
- Empty and clean trash cans when they become full transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to dump sites adhere to recycling regulations
- Set up and monitor the pot sink according to procedures
- Sweep and mop kitchen floor at the end of each meal period and after each spill
- Monitor chemicals and water temperature during shift Clean and organize associated work area and kitchen equipment according to procedures to maximize efficiency
- May assist with other duties as assigned
What we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team players who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations & provide a high-level of service excellence to Grand Pacific Hotel’s valued guests. The ideal candidate will have:
- Communicating with other people, following instructions.
- This job requires ability to perform the following:
– Carrying standing up and moving about the kitchen or other designated areas
– Handling, objects, products, chemicals, cleaning supplies and utensils
– Bending, stooping, kneeling, and lifting
- Reading abilities are utilized often when reading chemical or machine labels or operating instructions
- Basic mathematical skills are used to mix chemical solutions
- Flexible –night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid community service leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (19)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time