The Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, Fiji’s leading resort is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Specialist Chef. This position is responsible for the implementation and training of a specialized menu in one outlet. Introducing and sourcing authentic ingredients to create quality dishes, training the kitchen team to deliver a consistent product. In addition to keeping food costs in line with Executive Chef’s standards, managing labor costs for culinary staff, ensuring quality food products,s, and meeting customer satisfaction standards.
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties:
- Oversees the efficient and smooth operation of food production in designated restaurant /or authentic dish (Indian /Thai) in any other outlet should meet the recipe & serving standard se
- Constantly analyses the quality of food production and preparation in accordance with resort standards and on job refresher training on a weekly basis.
- Assist the executive chef/chef de cuisine to purchase the ingredients required, themed props & crockeries to further define the authentic dish being served.
- Implement new cooking techniques such as working on the Tandoor oven and introducing new menus to reflect that popular style of authentic Indian cooking oven and similar expectations for specialized authentic Thai dishes.
- Supports the Executive Chef with ordering, inventory, menu preparation, creation and testing of recipes, and techniques for food preparation, and presentation, which ensures consistently high quality.
- Responsible for every food coming out from the outlet both Lunch & Dinner service to be consistent and efficient with time ensuring the responsibility of the chefs are not only preparing and delivery to pass but ensures that it reaches the guest table with the standards
- During each service takes time to chat to guests taking feedback on service and meal quality at the same time upselling daily specials for the next meal period or signature dishes of the outlet
Qualification and skills candidate must possess:
- Diploma/Degree in culinary arts or related discipline an
- 3-5 years experience in multi-outlet kitchens with a strong general operational knowledge and a minimum of 3 years in a senior culinary leadership role
- Experience in working in positions of high responsibility in the hotel and managing teams of more than 50
- Excellent remuneration package
- Accommodation benefits
- Bronze level Medical Insurance
If you think you have the drive and passion and would like to join the Outrigger “Vuvale”, please forward your written application, a passport size photo, detailed curriculum vitae and contact details of 3 referees to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday, 10th June 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews.