Specialist – Business Improvement
- Great team culture and work environment
- Career pathway to leadership opportunities
- Exposure to working within a diverse and multicultural environment
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our culture embraces diversity in which differences are encouraged, and where everyone across Newcrest demonstrates and promotes inclusive practices.
Newcrest is one of the world’s largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
We are now seeking expression of interest from the position of Specialist – Business Improvement for a FIFO position based at our Lihir Gold Operation (LGO). Reporting to the Superintendent – Operational Transformation, you will be required to provide support to the Superintendent in driving operational transformation by developing, implementing, and maintaining best practice operational stability methodologies, providing training, facilitating workshops, and coaching.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Ensure area of responsibility complies with all legislative, company, and personal HSE systems, plans and requirements.
- Coaches and mentor’s leaders and employees in visible HSE Leadership.
- Provides the Training and coaching in systems leadership methodologies for leaders;
- Managers to Supervisors
- Leaders working at the right level (system leadership)
- Leaders doing what they say they are going to do (non – negotiable work).
- Doing the right work to drive performance (performance routines); and
- Actively engaging in improving safety (what do you see/Newsafe coaching).
- Provides an “on the job” training program for operations and maintenance workers.
- Develops PNG Leadership talent.
- Incorporates and utilises existing training and development programs where appropriate.
- Transfer ownership and execution of new development programs to the HR Training team as the programs and workforce mature.
- Supports the consistent use of Visual Boards and Daily Meeting Cadence / Agendas across operations departments with delivery of the plan being the focus.
- Implementation of the 3-1 coaching and performance management program within System leadership to drive value through consistency with OPI / SOP development and roll out.
- Relentless focus on coaching operator rigor directed at delivering critical plant KPIs that deliver HSE, Gold & Cost targets.
- Participates in the business improvement activities to coach leaders in continuous improvement thinking.
Ideally, our preferred applicant will have;
- Tertiary or trade qualifications and demonstrated leadership experience in mining or complex plant operations and maintenance.
- Develop and implements mid to long -term departmental plans, changes, and initiatives to achieve overall business goals by providing positive leadership, direction & guidance within the department and wider organisation.
- Advance use of various company & departmental systems including SAP, optimum, downtime reporting, POWER BI, etc.
- 5-7 + years relevant work experience in metal extraction and processing roles of large-scale processing plants.
- Extensive experience in maintenance and operations of heavy fixed plant.
- Proficient In English with excellent verbal, written communication, and public speaking skills.
- Computer proficiently in MS office suite.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Self – motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution and training.
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.