About Australia Pacific Training Coalition
The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is a centre for training excellence providing Australian standard training qualifications and skills across the Pacific region. As Australia’s flagship Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) investment in the Pacific, APTC works collaboratively with TVET stakeholders to achieve training delivery outcomes and reforms to Pacific TVET systems. By joining APTC, you will have the opportunity to contribute towards a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce for the region. APTC has country offices in Fiji, Vanuatu, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste. The Regional Head Office is located in Suva, Fiji.
The APTC has country offices established in Fiji, Vanuatu, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste (since July 2021). The Country Offices are supported by a range of services provided from a Regional Head Office (RHO) located in Suva, Fiji.
The APTC is implemented by TAFE Queensland (RTO 0275) on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
The Specialist Adviser/Curriculum Developer Aged Care will develop a local qualification in Aged Care within Timor-Leste’s National Qualification Framework, with a potential pathway into the Australian accredited Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care). This will enable the development of a pool of skilled aged care workers able to take up labour mobility opportunities.
APTC is working with the National Institute for Labour Force Development (INDMO) and the National Directorate for Vocational Training (DNFP) to develop training pathways into the Australian qualification Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care). This is the preferred qualification for aged care workers in Australia, and likely to become mandatory in future. To be eligible to enroll in this qualification, applicants must have a good level of English and preferably hold a relevant local qualification, for example, the Timorese Certificate III in Community Services. It is within this context that APTC proposes to support the development of a Timorese qualification in Aged Care as part of a pathway into the Australian Aged Care qualification
It is proposed that the Common Core units, already developed and delivered as part of the Certificate III in Social Services would also form some or all of the core units for the new Certificate III level qualification where relevant. A Technical Working Group (TWG) will provide guidance, advice and validation for the development of the qualification.
The Specialist Adviser/Curriculum Developer Aged Care reports to the Interim Country Director for all aspects of the Project.
The Specialist Adviser/Curriculum Developer Aged Care needs to be self-directed, and able to work remotely and in Timor Leste for two (2) weeks of the contract – one at the beginning and one at the end of the contract period. Hours required to achieve contracted objectives may exceed standard hours of work.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- TAE 40110/TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment including the LLN unit (TAELLN411), assessment unit (TAEASS502)
- Australian aged care vocational qualification, to the level being developed, or above.
- Minimum 5 years combined training, assessment and industry currency directly relevant to the training and assessment being developed.
- Demonstrated experience in course development and the preparation of documentation to meet accreditation requirements.
- Current knowledge of the Australian Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care).
- Demonstrated report writing and file management skills including the ability to relate effectively, collaboratively and ethically to staff, students and other stakeholders (including the ability to liaise with industry and partner institutions).
- Demonstrated strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word and PowerPoint and the ability to work both independently and as part of a small and dedicated team across geographic boundaries.
For more information about this role, please review the Role Description.
Remuneration – ARF B2
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please ensure you:
- Address all the Key Selection Criteria questions available in the online application form.
- Upload your updated resume which includes the contact details for two (2) referees.
To start an application, click on the ‘apply’ button below
All applications must be submitted online. Please do not email applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 8:59pm Fiji Time, Wednesday 15 February 2023.
For any enquiry relating to this role, contact Bridget Gray on [email protected]
APTC is an equal opportunity employer; fostering a fair, safe and socially inclusive environment, embracing all forms of diversity.
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnical background, including persons living with disabilities to apply.
Related Jobs (4)
Staff Development Officer on March 30, 2023 Full Time
CAMPUS DIRECTOR – SIMBU UNITECH SATELLITE UNIVERSITY (SUSU) on March 27, 2023 Full Time
PYP Coordinator on March 16, 2023 Full Time
Instructional Coach on March 16, 2023 Full Time