Responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the spa, including its programs, services, hours of operation, facilities and staff. Coordinates the delivery of spa services, including salon, skin care, fitness and wellness, massage, program coordinating, reservations, reception desk and locker room areas. As a department head, directs and works with the management team and hourly employees to successfully execute all spa operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Managing Spa Operations and Budgets
- Selects vendors for spa retail operations and managing contract agreements.
- Oversees retail product research, product selection and purchasing, product display.
- Monitors the spa’s actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
Managing Spa Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Creates and coordinates special services for groups including group gifting programs, group amenities, group turndown gifts, letters and invitations, creating special spa services for specific groups and spa contract addendum negotiation.
- Develops and Manages spa promotions including gifting programs, gift with purchase, co-op marketing efforts and holiday events.
- Identifies and recommending new products and product enhancements to remain competitive in the market.
Managing Spa Revenue Management Strategy
- Monitors and Manages the payroll function.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Manages Spa controllable expenses such guest amenities, linen expense, professional salon products, plants, decorations and paper supplies to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service, and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service and strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Reviews findings with employees to develop appropriate corrective action, sharing plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizing performance, and producing desired business results.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or related professional area.