Your day to day
The position of the Spa Therapist is dedicated in Providing clean and safe surrounding within the Spa for the comfort and care of all guests and employees. Participate within a team that is familiar with and observes all objectives, standards and procedures. Assist with additional responsibilities as delegated by Spa Manager or Supervisor.
- Be the warm welcome that kicks off a memorable guest experience
- Deliver spa services in an efficient and pleasant manner according to Spa protocols
- Be punctual and ready to commence shift 10 mins prior to actual start time.
- Be familiar with all services offered at the Spa and know the costs and procedures to be able to upsell and rebook all your guests.
- Be knowledgeable of all product ranges offered in the Spa and the cost use of all retail items offered.
- Perform all opening and closing duties in the Spa as requested
- Perform all Spa Reception duties including reservations, cashiering, answering telephone and other general enquiries
- Be a trusted contact for all guests. Help them with anything from bill issues to local knowledge, and loop in management when necessary
- Taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
- Stay safe all the time. Following our safety procedures, you’ll report all incidents and maintenance to Spa Manager/Supervisor.
- Take care with personal grooming, maintain a consistently high level of professional appearance at all times.
- Attend daily department briefings and meetings.
- Be aware of guests in Spa at all times and anticipate their needs
- Assist in keeping the Spa & Gym clean and tidy at all times; including treatment rooms, change rooms, wet areas, reception, Gym and back of house areas.
- Coordinate with the engineering department to ensure proper repair and preventive maintenance works of all health club equipment.
- Assist other colleagues or Departments as required.
What we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team players who know how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations & provide a high level of service excellence to Grand Pacific Hotel’s valued guests. The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy and/or Cert in Massage and/or
- Previous experience as a spa therapist within a Resort/Hotel environment
- Excellent time management skills & ability to adapt & personalise treatments to guest’s concerns
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as impeccable grooming and presentation.
- Be flexible to assist in other areas of resort if the job requires. A good understanding of spa culture, and the health and well-being industry
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and great problem-solving skills
- Experienced and confident in delivering facial and body treatments
- Demonstrated customer service skills and proven track record in retail sales
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid community service leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (13)
Various Positions on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Human Resource Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Team Leader Cabin Crew on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Barman / Barista on May 30, 2023 Full Time
Food & Beverage Attendant on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Premier Services Associate on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Commis Chef / Dive Instructor on May 26, 2023 Full Time
Guest Relations Officer on May 24, 2023 Full Time