IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
Reporting to the Spa Manager, the Spa Therapist plays an integral role to support the Spa InterContinental team and the wider hotel team.
Your day to day
- Daily opening setup & closing up,
- Providing treatments and services to guest as per Spa Intercontinental Standard Operating Procedure,
- Educate guest on product usage and knowledge to better enhance their spa experience at home,
- Maintained best practice and safe work ethics,
- Created repeat business by developing long-term relationships with returning customers, recommend treatments sessions to guest during the stay,
- Sustainable Business – assist implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize the utility cost and energy wastage for a greener environment,
- Work efficiently to maximize productivity of the Spa Intercontinental,
- Enforced safety procedures in accordance with facility policies and best practice work ethics,
- Continuously seek to improve performance through individual effort and with the assist of others,
- Open to new ideas and is willing to make changes in the job and routine as required,
- Following brand standards, policy and procedure,
- Maintain Covid-safe protocol,
- Communicating with guests during massages to adjust massage techniques as required,
- Resolving guest complaints and reporting any accidents to the supervisor,
- Cleaning and sanitizing work areas, changing treatment room sheets, and sterilizing all instruments and equipment before each use,
- Explaining massages, treatments, and therapists to guests and providing suitable recommendations as needed,
- Enquiring about guests’ medical conditions and allergies before providing spa services,
- Suggest and promote retail products or additional services,
- Cooperate with and report on administration on any arising issues.
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team members who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations & provide a high-level of service excellence to our resort guests. The ideal candidate is to possess the following:
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy.
- Experienced and confident in delivering facial and body treatments.
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as impeccable grooming and presentation.
- Flexible –weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and can work well in a diverse team.
- Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to.
Experienced – at least 2 years of similar experience in Spa in a five-star resort or hotel environment.
How do I deliver this?
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Monday 10 April, 2023.
Related Jobs (20)
Dive Instructor and Dive Master- Island Based Position on February 22, 2024 Full Time