IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
We are looking for an experienced, driven and people focused Spa Manager to take charge of our award-winning Spa at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa.
As Spa Manager, you will lead and develop our dedicated Spa team, delivering an outstanding Spa experience for our guests and driving an effective business plan that will maximize sales and revenue. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong commercial acumen, excellent people management skills and come with a solid background in Beauty and 5-star luxury service in a similar environment.
In this role as Spa Manager, you will be responsible for spa budgeting/forecasting, roster optimisation, recruitment needs and inventory management. As the face of the spa, you will deliver an exceptional level of customer service to improve our guest satisfaction scores. Using your beauty knowledge, you will be able to support and further develop your team of therapists to provide high quality treatments and skincare advice, providing an excellent wellness journey for our guests.
Your day to day
- Oversee reception, therapists and spa operation and associated staff.
- Liaise with all relevant hotel departments on a daily basis to ensure communication of key issues, initiatives and challenges.
- Review stock levels, levels of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas to ensure that the operation is performing to optimum levels of service and cost control.
- Perform Massage and Reception duties as and when required.
- Develop preventative maintenance schedules with Engineering and external contractors.
- Monthly stock-take in line with hotel policy guidelines to accurately analyse stock consumption and forecast future purchase.
- In conjunction with the Director of Sales & Marketing and Marketing department ensure our Spa continues to maintain relevant and appealing Spa treatments and offerings whilst remaining one of Fiji’s premium hotel spa offerings.
- Review hotel Guest Satisfaction scores and implements action plans to ensure targets are attained.
- Manage all requirements for the Spa and retail outlet, including sourcing products in line with the InterContinental Spa IHG brand standards, recruitment, training, localizing standard operating procedures.
- Monitor team’s performance and implements training to ensure competency levels are maintained.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the departmental annual budget, including anticipated revenue and expenses.
- Controls & monitors departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget.
- Conducts performance appraisals/annual year reviews for the Spa team.
- Manage and plan assigned tasks for the Spa herb garden in liaison with the Landscaping Attendant.
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team members who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations & provide a high-level of service excellence to our resort guests. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/ Business Administration, plus 3 years of Spa/Guest Service experience in hospitality industry including management experience.
- Spa Therapist knowledge is advantage.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and other languages preferred.
- Self-confident, Positive attitude toward leadership and team work.
- Good in interpersonal skill and well groomed.
- Flexibility – our spa operates 7 days so flexibility/willingness to work weekends, public
- You are a confident leader with previous experience managing and supporting a team of dedicated therapists.
- You are highly organized and exhibit great time management skills.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Monday 10th April, 2023.
Related Jobs (18)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time