Our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. A great opportunity is now available in the Kitchen Department of Holiday Inn & Suites, Holiday Inn Express Port Moresby.
Sous Chef Pizza & Charcoal Grill specializing in Wood Fire Pizza and Charcoal Grill – Come and lead the opening team for the newest pizza and grill restaurant in town. You will have a passion for preparation of quality food and a flair for food presentation. You will be leading the team as we bring this new restaurant to life. If this sounds like you, please apply today.
You’re day to day:
- Conducts shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known.
- Prepares a selection of pizzas.
- Preparation of Charcoal Grill station.
- Maintaining sufficient stocks to ensure high standards of all food items purchased.
- Identifying the health hazard in the kitchen to be reported to the Executive Chef, ensuring cleanliness and hygiene levels are met in all kitchen areas.
- Assisting in controlling and minimizing food wastage and ensuring that cost are maintained as per the budget and monitoring staff adherence to proper food handling methods.
- Ensuring guest satisfaction by handling guest complaints and special request while adhering to the brand standards.
- Assisting the menu planning and employee training and development.
- Diploma or Certificate in Cookery from recognised Tertiary Institute.
- 3+ years in similar role, particularly within the hospitality industry will be preferred.
- Experience with a Forno Oven will be an advantage.
- Great organisational and administration skills.
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Professional and personal demeanour.
- Excellent grooming standards.
- Punctuality, Honesty and be reliable.
- Must be Covid-19 Vaccinated.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Holiday Inn & Suites Port Moresby brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Holiday Inn and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
Hand deliver your application to the Director of Human Resource;
or email [email protected] before COB 6th October 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
InterContinental Hotels Group
Related Jobs (20)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time