IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is a reflection of the finest in luxury Fiji accommodation and is located on the Suva Waterfront adjacent to Suva’s Central Business District. It is a heritage, 5-star luxury hotel built over 100 years ago and is an oasis of beautiful rooms and suites, fine dining and friendly Fijian hospitality. The Hotel reflects the charm and service of colonial Fiji combined with the amenity’s expectant of a 5-star international hotel. The Grand Pacific Hotel has hosted Royalty, World Leaders, Business Executives and Leisure Travelers alike.
Your day to day
Our Executive Sous Chef will be accountable for kitchen operation including production, cleanliness, and safe systems of work, and deputises in the absence of our Executive Chef. Work alongside the team and ensures the food is received by the guest in a timely manner to the quality expected. Esure all food, if for conference or a ticket from our restaurant is received in a timely manner to the highest quality and that the guest expectations are consistently exceeded. Your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering flavour will complete each guest’s experience. By taking pride in your workspace, keeping your standards high, and giving our menu the benefit of your expertise, you’ll create some of our guests’ most lasting memories. We’re looking for someone who can ensure superior guest service and compliance with HACCP as well as all policies and procedures.
We are looking for an ambitious individual, who is passionate about food. Our people are at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll be expected to encourage your team in everything they do, while providing and maintaining a fun, positive and creative atmosphere.
- Develop new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems and concerns personally.
- Monitor food cost
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Assist in recruitment and training new kitchen employees to meet restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
- Manage the kitchen team in the executive chef’s absence.
What we need from you
- To have been a Sous chef for 3-5 years within a global hotel brand or restaurant of the same classification / cuisine (as minimum) with comparable size and complexity.
- As a minimum, must have completed level 3 Food Safety certification and have knowledge in HACCP
- Tech savvy
- Ability to interpret financial information’s and provide valuable input
- Be experienced in local cuisine, with practical experience of at least one other cuisine and experience catering meetings, social events and restaurants
- Have knowledge of appropriate brand standards relating to food and the ability to create and deliver appropriate menus, using appropriate suppliers and product
- Is part of external networks and is up to date with critical issues and trends in food
- Has the technical skills to work on every section for every service period in the kitchen
- Flexibility – nights, weekends and holiday shifts are all part of the role
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team. You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further! Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program. We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too!
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com or click on “Apply Now”and submit online
Applications close 19 July 2022