Raffe Hotels & Resorts operates Fiji Gateway Hotel, Plantation Island Resort and Lomani Island Resort, offering a range of products to suit most visitors to Fiji. Nestled in the heart of the Mamanuca Islands and offering an authentic island experience, Plantation Island Resort is a great three-star value for money resort for families, couples and groups. A family-friendly resort where everyone can experience warm Fijian hospitality and make wonderful memories. Lomani Island Resort is a boutique four-star adult only resort. Set in the heart of Fiji and surrounded by lush palms, vibrant bougainvillea’s, and sparkling beaches, this is a resort you’ll never want to leave. Whether you’re looking for an ideal honeymoon destination, a place to rekindle your romance, or a place to fall in love, we can design the perfect Fijian escape for you. Fiji Gateway Hotel is conveniently located across the road from Nadi
International Airport, providing quality accommodation for travelling tourists, corporate clients and local families.
In supporting the Executive Chef, on the island – you will also be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Ensuring food requirements for each event are planned and operated in line with our event schedules and client requirements, inline with budget requirements.
• Manage a team of permanent, casual and seasonal staff
• Maintaining Food Safety & hygiene programs are diligently adhered to.
• Cultivate high performing teams by exercising strong leadership, quality mentoring and sound relationship building skills
• Creative menu’s whilst control and manage budgets allocated
• Commercial cookery qualification (LEVEL 3 and/or Level 4) with 5 years of working experience in
Hospitality, strongly preferred. 2+ years’ experience as a Sous Chef in a similar role.
• An excellent understanding of all Food Safety Principles, including OHS.
• Availability and flexibility to work across all event day operations (including weekends)
• Strong planning, organisation and execution skills
• Extensive food knowledge and culinary skill
• Confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills to grow and maintain positive and professional relationship with all stakeholders
• Display a calm, rational and professional manner & able to to create & foster a culture of respect and grow a cohesive team
• Have excellent communication & interpersonal skills,
If you are a “can do” person, who thrives on new challenges and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then we would like to have you as part of our thriving team. This is a hands-on role where your input into the business will be highly valued and rewarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.