IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
We welcome smiles at Holiday Inn Suva.
Enjoy fine ocean views and a warm Bula welcome, just steps from the city’s key sights.
Leave the city bustle behind in the cool, open-plan hotel Lobby at Holiday Inn Suva. You’ll relax as you stroll through palm-fringed gardens and cool off in the sparkling freshwater pool. All of our bright, modern Guest rooms have high-speed Internet and a balcony.
Nausori Airport is 22km away and Holiday Inn Suva is well-located for business, within 5 minutes’ walk of major banks, embassies, major regional headquarters, and historic Government buildings along Victoria Parade. Our 3 flexible meeting rooms, with wireless Internet and ocean views, provide a unique backdrop for events and you can catch up in the 24-hour Business Centre.
Suva is easily explored on foot. Take a short walk into the CDB to shop for Fijian handicrafts and experience the city’s diversity. At the botanical Thurston Gardens, you’ll find the Fiji Museum, a fascinating insight into the country’s history. Colo-I-Suva’s Forest Park, a nature reserve, with rainforest trails and waterfalls is 15 minutes’ drive away.
Sirocco restaurant offers a laid-back dining ambience focused on Mediterranean cuisine, complimented by Tapa bar & lounge with large sports screen and the relaxed atmosphere of the outdoor Pizzeria, bure, and deck – live music on selected evenings and digital music selection available throughout the service period – your ideal setting to enjoy Suva and its sunsets.
Your day to day
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Sous Chef to support our culinary operations.
Reporting directly to the Culinary Director, you will be accountable for coordination and delivery of an exceptional customer service and ensuring adherence food safety compliance.
Your role as a Sous Chef is to assist the Executive Chef in managing his assigned kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation with a focus on day-to-day operational requirements.
- Responsible for the efficient and smooth running of food production within the designated Kitchens.
- To control, check and supervise the kitchen operation and be hands-on as and when needed.
- To ensure that colleagues are trained in accordance with the hotel and municipality standard requirements.
- To perform all daily tasks to a consistently high standard in line with both departmental and brand standards
- Comply with the hotel’s rules and regulations with regards to HACCP.
- Ensure compliance to quality and food safety standards and that customer requirements and expectations are met.
- Supervise the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Develop and implement creative menu items that adhere to IHG brand standards
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and ensure same is being respected in all concerned outlets.
- Facilitate investigation in food hazard cases and follow up in the scope of customer complaint management.
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, and quality and consistency on a daily basis
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- Assist to monitor service and food & beverage standards in all outlets so that managers can take corrective actions as necessary.
- Controlling all forms used in the department according to IHG standards for document control.
- Ensure to update and maintain the standard operating procedure
- You’ll be responsible for the recruitment and selection of your team and manage any employee relation issues.
- Importantly, you’ll actively guide and direct the whole team to ensure consistency of brand standards, high level of performance and service delivery.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid exam leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (22)
Casual Events Crew on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Consultant on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Chef de Partie/Line Cook on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Consultant on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Housekeeping Supervisor | Houseman on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Agent on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Recruitment – Likuliku Lagoon resort on March 29, 2023 Full Time