Airways Group (Airways Hotel & Residences) is the leading accommodation provider in Papua New Guinea for short stays and long-term residents. Welcoming people from around the world and across the many corners of Papua New Guinea, Airways Hotel & Residences is where our guests and our staffs experience the best of Papua New Guinea.
As our team continues to grow, Airways Group is looking for the best of Papua New Guinea to join us in the following positions:
Sous Chef – Airways Hotel
Reporting to the Executive Chef and will assist in overseeing the process and procedures in line with the Generally Accepted Restaurant Principles.
- Preparing meals and food to meet the specifications of guests in a timely manner
- Properly measuring kitchen ingredients and food portions
- Ensuring kitchen staff adhere to set standards, procedures, department rules and sanitation requirements
- Using kitchen knives and equipment such as grills, ovens, steamers, and warmers in food preparation
- Managing the kitchen inventory and ensuring supplies are fresh and of high quality
- Ensuring proper food temperatures when cooking and proper storage afterward
- Keeping the workstation and kitchen equipment clean, organized, and sanitized
- Taking charge of kitchen opening, closing and other side duties as directed by the Executive Chef
Qualification & Experience Required:
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Ability to effectively manage the kitchen staff, motivate them and assign duties fairly
- Familiarity with the best practices in the hotel and catering services industry
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Ability to multitask and work quickly under pressure
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience
- Fully Covid-19 Vaccination.
Applications can be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to: Airways Hotel & Residences office at Jacksons Parade in 7 Mile, along with Cover letter, Updated CV with current passport size photo and names of 3 active referees. Applications should be addressed to:
Human Resources Recruiting Team
Airways Hotel Limited
P.O Box 1942, Boroko,
Port Moresby, NCD
Applications close on COB Friday, 27th January 2022.
Position is POM based. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Related Jobs (30)
Head painter| Demi Chef |Spa Therapist |Staff Accomodation Attendant on February 2, 2023 Full Time