Senior Specialist Ethics & Compliance
- Great team culture and work environment
- Career pathway to leadership opportunities
- Exposure to working within a diverse and multicultural environment
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our culture embraces diversity in which differences are encouraged, and where everyone across Newcrest demonstrates and promotes inclusive practices.
Newcrest is one of the world’s largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
We are now seeking expression of interest for the position of Senior Specialist Ethics & Compliance for a FIFO position based at our Lihir Gold Operation (LGO). Reporting to the Respect@work Manager, you are required to support the Manager to establish, embed and regulate governance of the Ethics & Compliance Program for Lihir site in furtherance of Newcrest’s commitment to compliance, support of Newcrest’s company values and improvement of Newcrest’s culture of compliance.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Managing the conduct of ethics and compliance investigations for Lihir in accordance with Newcrest’s Investigation and Speak Out standards.
- Supporting the Manager in their capacity as Lihir’s Ethics & Compliance Champion by being the interface with Corporate Ethics & Compliance.
- Providing leadership and coaching to the Ethics & Compliance team and broader Respect@Work function in legal governance compliance.
- Overseeing and managing the conduct of ethics and compliance investigations for Lihir in accordance with Newcrest’s Investigation and Speak Out Standards.
- Single point of contact support to the Manager Respect@Work in their capacity as Lihir’s Ethics & Compliance Champion by being the interface with Corporate Ethics & Compliance.
- Leading, coaching, and supporting the Ethics & Compliance Advisors and Officers who report to you in areas including conducting investigations, legal terms and compliance and gap and risk analysis in the context of legal compliance.
- Leading the implementation and monitoring of the Ethics & Compliance communications program for Lihir.
- Responsible for managing the investigations database input for Lihir, developing appropriate strategic reporting for site leadership team and Corporate Ethics & Compliance.
- Central point of advice in relation to ethics and compliance risks and supporting Lihir operations with reference to the Ethics and Compliance Framework.
- Bachelor level Commercial related tertiary qualification (Commerce, Business, Law, Ethics & Compliance or equivalent)
- You will have experience running and managing investigations and audits in either a legal, regulatory, internal audit or compliance environment.
- Excellent command of English, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of various company & departmental systems including SAP and Power BI advantageous.
- Commercially astute, with the ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional and interdisciplinary teams.
- Previous experience assessing control efficacy within a business function, with a demonstrated ability to build and implement control plans to address control gaps.
- Previous experience working in a developing country, coaching, and managing a team highly advantageous.
- Experience running legal/regulatory/HR/compliance investigations to a high standard and in accordance with principals of procedural fairness.
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.