Blue Lagoon Cruises, Fiji’s most iconic multi-day cruise operator is currently seeking a SENIOR SOUS CHEF for our 34-cabin cruise vessel; MV Fiji Princess. Operating 3, 4 and 7-night itineraries from Port Denarau year-round, Blue Lagoon Cruises has been delivering a world class cruise experiences in the beautiful Mamanuca & Yasawa Islands for over 70 years.
This is a live on-board salary position with the successful candidate being paid a competitive rate at 60 hours/week on a rotating roster of 3 weeks on and 1 week off with all weeks paid and reporting directly to the Head Chef.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of all items required for the daily menus & special events to the highest possible standard.
- Relieve the Head Chef during his/her week off or leave/absence.
- Health safety and hygiene management.
- Carry out stock takes and orders for the cruise.
- Controlling cost and wastage daily under given instruction and report any discrepancy to the Head Chef/Corporate Executive Chef.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Qualified proven record as a Chef with Diplomas or Certificate.
- Five Star Hotel or Luxury Resort proven track record for a minimum of 5 years or more.
- Work experience on Vessels is desirable but not essential.
- Computer Skills.
Opportunities like this do not come up often and if you think you’ve got what it takes, and you want to join a world-renowned brand in Blue Lagoon Cruises showcasing the very best of what Fiji has to offer each and every week then apply now!
Applications with a detailed CV, copies of references and qualifications to be sent to: The Corporate Executive Chef, South Sea Cruises Limited, PD052, Port Denarau, Nadi or email directly to: [email protected] no later than 5.00pm Wednesday 1 February 2023.
Blue Lagoon Cruises is owned and operated by South Sea Cruises Pte Ltd and for more information interested applicants can view the following websites: www.bluelagooncruises.com / www.southseacruisesgroup.com
Please note only shortlisted applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted. We however thank everyone in advance for applying.
Related Jobs (30)
Head painter| Demi Chef |Spa Therapist |Staff Accomodation Attendant on February 2, 2023 Full Time